RMB: More Info

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 montegobay09

montegobay09
  • 832 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

That's awesome to know Indigo! Thanks!!

I thought I'd update my progress with the florist. I was sent the brochure for the florist by a fellow BDW bride which made the item# thing make more sense...but before I had time to send another email to them I received a reply to my original inquiry telling me the prices of the bouquets I inquired about! So I guess they do eventually reply and it seems like right now they're on the ball so if you need to get in touch with them, now may be a good time to do it!

#22 Indigo

Indigo
    • 120 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by montegobay09
      That's awesome to know Indigo! Thanks!!

I thought I'd update my progress with the florist. I was sent the brochure for the florist by a fellow BDW bride which made the item# thing make more sense...but before I had time to send another email to them I received a reply to my original inquiry telling me the prices of the bouquets I inquired about! So I guess they do eventually reply and it seems like right now they're on the ball so if you need to get in touch with them, now may be a good time to do it!
      Will do. I will send another email and call. Hopefully, I will receive a response.

#23 CanadianBride84

CanadianBride84
      • 58 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

I emailed RMB at weddings05@riu.com the other day asking for Michaels info, and they told me I could hire an outside photographer, as long as I purchased a day pass which I found weird, because I thought we couldn't. I do like the looks of Michaels work, so we will likely just use him.

#24 Indigo

Indigo
        • 120 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CanadianBride84
          I emailed RMB at weddings05@riu.com the other day asking for Michaels info, and they told me I could hire an outside photographer, as long as I purchased a day pass which I found weird, because I thought we couldn't. I do like the looks of Michaels work, so we will likely just use him.
          Hi CanadianBride84. Was the email from Chantelle? After reading ROR threads regarding photography, I was concerned about the consistency of that policy. We decided to not worry about it and just use Michael. We want our time in Jamaica to be stress free. Thank you for the update.

#25 marshall1980

marshall1980
          • 52 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

hey there Indigo! Congratulations on your big day and i wish you the best :)...I'm also sorry for your loss, I'm sure your sister will be there with you all in spirit.

I wanted to let you know that I contacted the resort back in July through my TA and I received an email stating that it was ok for me to use an outside photographer, I would just have to purchase a day pass if they are not staying at the resort. I know this probably a little late for you, but i wanted to pass that info along for other MoBay brides who were thinking about using an outside photographer at the Riu.

#26 KellyG24

KellyG24
            • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

What is everyone going to do for the time between their ceremony and reception?

My ceremony is at 2 and I personally don't like the idea of having a cocktail hour. I assume that photos will be taken until 3:00, but then what do we do until 6:30? I contacted a excursion/tour company for some ideas, but not many make 3 hour trips.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do around MoBay for that inbetween time?

#27 CanadianBride84

CanadianBride84
              • 58 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

I got the reply from Diana Guzm¡n

Wedding Sales Coordinator Jamaica
                Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay, Club Hotel Riu Negril, Hotel Riu Montego Bay
                Weddings By Riu America's Division

#28 montegobay09

montegobay09
                • 832 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

OMG Indigo! It's you're wedding day today!! Congratulations!! - Even I can't believe it's come this quickly. I hope you have an amazing day!

#29 poppy2

poppy2
                  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:00 PM

Hi Indigo

I have tried reading all of your messages as you are very prepared. I want to know if you can answer a few questions. I have booked the Caprice Package but after reading everything I think I will go with the free with upgrades. We have booked the Mahoe Steak House for our reception. The wedding is at 4 p.m. and then I guess from what I am reading they tell us when the dinner is. Are we separate from the rest of the guests or do we have to book it. If we want to have the dances such as mother and son, daughter and father, etc. Where do we do that.? I won't overwhelm you with questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

#30 RMB12/4/08

RMB12/4/08
                    • 55 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KellyG24
                      What is everyone going to do for the time between their ceremony and reception?

My ceremony is at 2 and I personally don't like the idea of having a cocktail hour. I assume that photos will be taken until 3:00, but then what do we do until 6:30? I contacted a excursion/tour company for some ideas, but not many make 3 hour trips.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do around MoBay for that inbetween time?

I too got married at 2pm and our reception was at 6:30, we didn't do anything. To tell you the truth, everyone liked the break in between, most of the guests went and played volleyball in the pool but some took a nap!!!! Don't feel you need to entertain the whole time, that is what the entainers are for... Enjoy your wedding, it was soooo much fun!!!!
                      RMB Bride over 1 year ago! Baby #1 due in March! And can't wait for a drink! On the downhill slide from here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users