33 replies to this topic

#21 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sanchez0014
    Im having people sit where ever they feel confortable. Not doing seating chart so I won't be numbering tables.

Ditto. Me too.

#22 PaulaV

PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:37 AM

Bumping this one...
      Any new ideas anyone?

#23 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:56 AM

Good bump, Paula. I have been wondering about this also. The one I like best is the numbers in the sand for Jamaica, but I will still need something for my AHR...

#24 starfish kate

starfish kate
        • 455 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:16 AM

Carly, could you do Chinese or Japanese characters since you are having your AHR at a C/J restaurant? They could be hard to differentiate, but you could do the large character and then write it out below.
          Kate

#25 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

That is def an idea to consider. I'd just have to find a reputable place to copy the characters from. Mission beginning!

As you said that, I could probably also use symbols for words. Double Happiness is a symbol that they decorate the walls with in the banquet area, and I could probably use love, patience, understanding, lust, etc.

Great idea, Kate! Thanks!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starfish kate
            Carly, could you do Chinese or Japanese characters since you are having your AHR at a C/J restaurant? They could be hard to differentiate, but you could do the large character and then write it out below.

#26 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:02 PM

No table names or numbers for me. I figure there isn't much reason too, since everyone will have been mingling amongst themselves for several days prior -- so noone will be strangers and new friends can sit with new friends.

Attached Files

#27 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:24 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tlseege
                OK, I stole this from someone... and I'm sorry if it was any of you! But, I plan on going to the beach, writing a number in the sand with a stick, taking a picture of it, framing it... and ta da, table numbers.
                That's what I did. I got wooden frames from Ikea and painted them in my wedding colors and attached little wooden things (beach balls, shells, etc) to them. Then, I put the pictures in them. At our table, I wrote the date of our wedding in the sand and that will be our table number. I'll take a pic of them this weekend and post it.

#28 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:39 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lizz
                  That's what I did. I got wooden frames from Ikea and painted them in my wedding colors and attached little wooden things (beach balls, shells, etc) to them. Then, I put the pictures in them. At our table, I wrote the date of our wedding in the sand and that will be our table number. I'll take a pic of them this weekend and post it.
                  Ooooh! Can't wait to see them!

#29 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

Lizz - where are they? I am catching up on threads that I couldn't access when the forum was having issues and saw this, would love to see your table numbers.

#30 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                      Lizz - where are they? I am catching up on threads that I couldn't access when the forum was having issues and saw this, would love to see your table numbers.
                      Sorry, I'll definitely do it tonight. I don't have a digital camera (I know, crazy for this forum!), so I'll borrow my sisters tonight and take a pic and post it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users