Sign in to follow this  
PaulaV

Table numbering or naming

Are you numbering your tables, naming them, or what other ideas have you come up with for your reception tables?

I don't have any good ideas so far. I had thought of just going placing something on the table with 'Uno', 'Dos, 'Tres'...

Click the image to open in full size.

We'll be naming our tables after something that meant something to us. For example "Sugar and Spice" was (unfortunately) the first movie Aaron and I saw together, so we could name a table after that.

Natasha had a great idea on her wedding, she used baseball players names and numbers so on each table we placed a picture of a baseball player, and his name! it looked fun and original!

Courtneys idea is also really cute, to name your tables with things that mean something to you! like a movie, restaurant, a pets name, a date etc!

Thats a nice and romantic idea also Natalie!

We have traveled a lot together so we are naming our tables after places we have been and we are putting a picture of us in that location on each table. For example, Table Galapagos, Table La Paz, Table Cape Cod, Table Hawaii...

I have also been to a wedding where a friend had table numbers but on each numbered table was a double frame with a picture of her and her fiance of that age. For example, Table 1 (with pics of them at age 1), Table 2 (age 2), etc. It was so cute!!! It made everyone walk around to look at each table and the funny pictures.

Both ideas are very nice, original and cute!! I love them! I guess know I wouldnt know which one to pick!! jajajbunny_4.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkw View Post
We have traveled a lot together so we are naming our tables after places we have been and we are putting a picture of us in that location on each table. For example, Table Galapagos, Table La Paz, Table Cape Cod, Table Hawaii...

I have also been to a wedding where a friend had table numbers but on each numbered table was a double frame with a picture of her and her fiance of that age. For example, Table 1 (with pics of them at age 1), Table 2 (age 2), etc. It was so cute!!! It made everyone walk around to look at each table and the funny pictures.

Lots of great ideas....I'm glad you started this thread, Paula.

now I'm leaning toward pics at that age, places we've been, and pets. hmm....lots of choices ...thanks for the ideas.

I've had 2 ideas in my head for it.... Frank's whole family used to be in music (his dad was a jazz musician in NYC and his mom was a professional singer/actor on Fiesta Americana). He plays guitar and used to work in the clubs downtown (which is where we met). So I'm thinking either naming the tables after the clubs we used to hang out at in Deep Ellum, or doing verses to old classic love songs (Tony Bennett, Sinatra, etc...) that would be propped up next to miniature guitars.

The other idea is to make table cards based on our memorable dates (Plano Balloon Festival where we had our first date, the San Antonio Riverwalk for our first trip together, etc...)...