Table numbering or naming

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

Are you numbering your tables, naming them, or what other ideas have you come up with for your reception tables?

I don't have any good ideas so far. I had thought of just going placing something on the table with 'Uno', 'Dos, 'Tres'...

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:14 PM

We'll be naming our tables after something that meant something to us. For example "Sugar and Spice" was (unfortunately) the first movie Aaron and I saw together, so we could name a table after that.
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
      • 259 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:14 PM

Im having people sit where ever they feel confortable. Not doing seating chart so I won't be numbering tables.

#4 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
        • 1,430 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:16 PM

I did words of love or marriage and then put a poem underneath them.

#5 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
          • 231 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

Natasha had a great idea on her wedding, she used baseball players names and numbers so on each table we placed a picture of a baseball player, and his name! it looked fun and original!

Courtneys idea is also really cute, to name your tables with things that mean something to you! like a movie, restaurant, a pets name, a date etc!

Thats a nice and romantic idea also Natalie!

#6 jpkw

jpkw
            • VIP Member
            • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

We have traveled a lot together so we are naming our tables after places we have been and we are putting a picture of us in that location on each table. For example, Table Galapagos, Table La Paz, Table Cape Cod, Table Hawaii...

I have also been to a wedding where a friend had table numbers but on each numbered table was a double frame with a picture of her and her fiance of that age. For example, Table 1 (with pics of them at age 1), Table 2 (age 2), etc. It was so cute!!! It made everyone walk around to look at each table and the funny pictures.

#7 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
              • 231 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

Both ideas are very nice, original and cute!! I love them! I guess know I wouldnt know which one to pick!! jajaj
                We have traveled a lot together so we are naming our tables after places we have been and we are putting a picture of us in that location on each table. For example, Table Galapagos, Table La Paz, Table Cape Cod, Table Hawaii...

I have also been to a wedding where a friend had table numbers but on each numbered table was a double frame with a picture of her and her fiance of that age. For example, Table 1 (with pics of them at age 1), Table 2 (age 2), etc. It was so cute!!! It made everyone walk around to look at each table and the funny pictures.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:27 PM

we did something simple...numbers with a different shell pic for each number...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

Lots of great ideas....I'm glad you started this thread, Paula.

now I'm leaning toward pics at that age, places we've been, and pets. hmm....lots of choices ...thanks for the ideas.
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#10 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,347 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

I've had 2 ideas in my head for it.... Frank's whole family used to be in music (his dad was a jazz musician in NYC and his mom was a professional singer/actor on Fiesta Americana). He plays guitar and used to work in the clubs downtown (which is where we met). So I'm thinking either naming the tables after the clubs we used to hang out at in Deep Ellum, or doing verses to old classic love songs (Tony Bennett, Sinatra, etc...) that would be propped up next to miniature guitars.

The other idea is to make table cards based on our memorable dates (Plano Balloon Festival where we had our first date, the San Antonio Riverwalk for our first trip together, etc...)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users