Photo

Reception at the Riu Palace

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Natashak

Natashak
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

So I just heard back from our WC & apparently we can only party/dance at our reception till 11:00pm. I know we won't want to call it a night that early. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
    • 456 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

Afterwards everyone headed to the nightclub (La Pacha or something) which is located on the resort...I know this is something that you may be worried about (dancing ending at 11), but honestly, don't be! The club was fun and you can even go hang out in the lobby bar-it's 24 hours! The views are also un-real...although it's hard to tell at night! Lol.
      D & K
      October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#3 Natashak

Natashak
      • 93 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

Awesome. Do you have any pictures of La Pacha? Also how was the music?

#4 KristinaV

KristinaV
        • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

I am ending up doing the reception dinner at the Mexican restaurant and then I rented out the Pancha club from 8 to 11. I will have a DJ, open bar (all liquor) and I sent in my own music. After that, we will probably just stay there til we drop for the night.

Just a suggestion.

#5 Nanner431

Nanner431
          • 97 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:38 PM

We are doing the same thing as KristinaV although our reception is at the Steakhouse. I have emailed but am also bringing our first dance, father / daughter, mother / son songs on CD and iPod. Other than that.....I know our wedding group will have fun wherever...haha

#6 Natashak

Natashak
            • 93 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KAMAY11
              Afterwards everyone headed to the nightclub (La Pacha or something) which is located on the resort...I know this is something that you may be worried about (dancing ending at 11), but honestly, don't be! The club was fun and you can even go hang out in the lobby bar-it's 24 hours! The views are also un-real...although it's hard to tell at night! Lol.
              What time was your wedding & then your reception?

#7 Kimberly E

Kimberly E
              • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:40 AM

I was wondering what the prices were to rent the disco (club), DJ, and have an open bar?

#8 Nanner431

Nanner431
                • 97 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

Hi All...we just got back this morning! So we rented the disco and went there directly from supper at around 9pm. We then had our first dances. It was so great to have the nightclub all to our selves. We had a group of 50 and it was a phenomenal amount of fun!
                  It was $500 for the site fee....that includes the DJ and the open bar. Also we emailed the 3 songs we wanted for dances and he downloaded then and then he had alot of very "American" music if you want to call it that. We knew every song he played. I totally think it was worth it for that big of a group. The only thing I would recommend is asking to have a sign put up to say that it's a private function until 11. We had alot of people coming in because we were having such a great time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users