Omg - Dress News!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
  • Banned
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

I just got a call about my dress. I go in for my first fitting soon! We're still in limbo with part of it. I love this style that's sort of corset looking mesh in the torso (see my bio) but I can't decide if I'm going to like it on me. The bust area is going to be all white. So part of the first fitting is with the dress just pinned together to see if we are going to put a flesh tone fabric or white fabric underneath the mesh. Any opinions?

I'm soooo excited!

Torso look:
    Click the image to open in full size.

Cut on back:

Similiar train (but mine will be cathedral)

Fabrics:

#2 weddingchick

weddingchick
    • 1,052 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

I think you'll definitely know when you see the options on you during your fitting. You might have one idea now but it might change when you actually see yourself in the mirror. If then you're still not sure, take pictures of both options - looking at them may help you decide.

#3 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
      • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

Wow! Such a beautiful, intricate dress. I love lace!
        I think I would prefer white underneath, so it sets off the lace, and doesn't make you look naked beneath (!) But that's just me.

It's really great that they're working with you so you can see both! Sometimes things like this can be so hard to visualize.

Good luck!

#4 syl1115

syl1115
        • 789 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

I think I would go with the flesh tone. That's what the picture looks like and I think it is very unique. But I agree with Weddingchick, you will have to see it on and take pictures to see how it will really look. If you are not trying to go with the "bare" look then I would lean towards the white.
          Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#5 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
          • Banned
          • 242 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

I told my seamstress I wish there was a way to have both... like a way to slip in the flesh tone fabric if I do want it for some photos and take it out for just white with others. I'm so indecisive!

#6 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
            • 1,083 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

I agree .. def take some photos!
              The flesh tone looks dramatic and sexy; but it all depends upon the look that you want for your wedding!
              Either way, gorgeous dress.
              Can't wait to see pics of you in it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users