Free Treats Today (11/4)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

If you pass by one of these places, they are giving away free election day goodies:

Starbuck's - one free tall coffee

Krispy Kreme - one free star shaped donut

Ben & Jerry's - one free scoop between 5-8 p.m.

#2 syl1115

syl1115
    • 789 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for sharing. I could use a starbucks right now!
      Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Chik-fil-A also did free nuggets and there's a BBQ place near my house that did entire free meals (BBQ, side & drink) for voters wearing their stickers.

#4 Kristie O

Kristie O
        • Banned
        • 369 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

i heard dunkin doughnuts was giving a free doughnut but when i asked they said they dont know where i heard that but they gave me a free one anyway haha!:)

#5 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

i thought DD would have given out free coffees or donuts....
            course our ben and jerry's closed and our starbucks isn't open until after i go to school...boo.

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

yum jamy! didnt know about the KK one! woohoo! i love my donuts! and i live 4 mins from one!

oooh tami! that bbq place could get in trouble!

Starbucks vote promo gets decaffeinated Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 3:36 PM by Carrie Dann
            Filed Under: 2008, Pete Williams, Making Your Vote Count
            From NBC's Pete Williams
            Starbucks, which announced in an ad on "Saturday Night Live" that it would give a free coffee to anyone who came in on Election Day and said, "I voted," has been forced to change its plan.

Now anyone who wants the free coffee gets it, voter or not.

It turns out that a giveaway to voters could violate election laws in some states that prohibit gifts for voters. While these laws are generally intended to discourage attempts to influence voters, the lawyers were worried the Starbucks policy might be a violation.

"To ensure we are in compliance with election law, we extended our offer to all customers who request a tall brewed coffee," says Tara Darrow of Starbucks.

#7 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Abbie
              yum jamy! didnt know about the KK one! woohoo! i love my donuts! and i live 4 mins from one!

oooh tami! that bbq place could get in trouble!

Starbucks vote promo gets decaffeinated Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 3:36 PM by Carrie Dann
              Filed Under: 2008, Pete Williams, Making Your Vote Count
              From NBC's Pete Williams
              Starbucks, which announced in an ad on "Saturday Night Live" that it would give a free coffee to anyone who came in on Election Day and said, "I voted," has been forced to change its plan.

Now anyone who wants the free coffee gets it, voter or not.

It turns out that a giveaway to voters could violate election laws in some states that prohibit gifts for voters. While these laws are generally intended to discourage attempts to influence voters, the lawyers were worried the Starbucks policy might be a violation.

"To ensure we are in compliance with election law, we extended our offer to all customers who request a tall brewed coffee," says Tara Darrow of Starbucks.
              Oh geez - there are laws against EVERYTHING these days. ugh!

But my Mom said at her Dunkin Donuts (MD/DC area), you had to give up your sticker in exchange for the free donut. hhmmm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users