Photo

Post Here if You Are Getting Married in Cabo!

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#321 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by cucumber 

Hello!  I am getting married in Cabo at Dreams on May 30th...I'm the bride.  Looking for a photographer and videographer....any suggestions to help narrow things down would be great!  Thanks.

what about enrique morales?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#322 kiwibride

kiwibride
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by cucumber 

Hello!  I am getting married in Cabo at Dreams on May 30th...I'm the bride.  Looking for a photographer and videographer....any suggestions to help narrow things down would be great!  Thanks.

I am getting married at Dreams on 11.4.11, Gabriel Garcia is my photographer, i have met him and he is really nice his rates are also very reasonable!  Good luck with your planning this website is fantastic!

#323 melyta

melyta
    • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

hi im mely

im gonna get marry next november 11th...  its gonna be hindue and catholic wedding startinf november 10 to 12.. im still looking for the correct place for the wedding. if you have any advise please let me know.. also if you have hindue vendor it will perfect... i had been trouble to find them

#324 Teira1031

Teira1031
      • 766 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Where are all you ladies doing your TTD sessions? I want to do some pictures in the art district with all the cool buildings, architechture & bright colors and definitely want to do some beach & ocean pictures. Just have to figure out if i can fit both into the session time i have with my photog

#325 pinkbride2011

pinkbride2011
        • 43 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

Sorry, I haven't logged on in a week....

Our colors are very similar! : )  I think they go very well with the resort.  I love your flower idea- it pains me to spend a lot of money on flowers, I just think it's a waste, but I've tried finding alternatives to flowers and I can't find one that adds color.  What color flowers will you do?  Our wedding is going to be small, at first I was upset about it and some of our flakier friends... but now I realize that it will feel much more intimate and I like the thought of that.  More people= more drama (typically) .

Originally Posted by sesiliamadrigal 

Quote:
          Originally Posted by pinkbride2011 

The planning is going well!  We have a site visit in February... that will be our first time to the resort. We're sort of at a stand still on planning bc I need to see the location to envision the rest. 

So far I have:

dress

hair/make up- Suzanne Morel

photographer- Glez Photography

baker- Jennifer Hatton

dj- Mijares

menu- Ahi & Filet Mignon

website

save-the-dates sent

invitations (going out next week)

MOH dress

groom/BM suits

We're doing an evening wedding bc I love the torches and ambiance it will create.  Our colors are Salmon (light & bright), Chocolate and Gold.  It's a small 40-50 person wedding.

How is your planning coming along?  Colors?  Vendors?  How's your experience been with the resort?

: )

Planning is going good just need to find out how I'm going to buy flowers wholesale. My sister worked for a flower shop and she can make my arrangements. I’m hoping I can cut cost that way.

So far I have:

Dress

Hair/make up- is going to be done by my other sister and I think my hair might be done at the resort.

Photographer- I think Im going to change my photographer to Gabriela Mohar

Cake- Jennifer Hatton

Mexican Trio-Mariachi Los Cabos Internacional

DJ-Francisco Davila

Menu- Surf & Turf

I'm having a small wedding too less than 20 people, just family. My colors are Brown/Espresso, Bronze, and Ivory. The resort has been really nice and very helpful.

Good luck on the planning and let me know how your trip was when you return.

June 11, 2011

#326 sesiliamadrigal

sesiliamadrigal
          • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

Sorry, I haven't logged on in a week....

Our colors are very similar! : )  I think they go very well with the resort.  I love your flower idea- it pains me to spend a lot of money on flowers, I just think it's a waste, but I've tried finding alternatives to flowers and I can't find one that adds color.  What color flowers will you do?  Our wedding is going to be small, at first I was upset about it and some of our flakier friends... but now I realize that it will feel much more intimate and I like the thought of that.  More people= more drama (typically) .

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sesiliamadrigal 

Quote:

The planning is going well!  We have a site visit in February... that will be our first time to the resort. We're sort of at a stand still on planning bc I need to see the location to envision the rest. 

So far I have:

dress

hair/make up- Suzanne Morel

photographer- Glez Photography

baker- Jennifer Hatton

dj- Mijares

menu- Ahi & Filet Mignon

website

save-the-dates sent

invitations (going out next week)

MOH dress

groom/BM suits

We're doing an evening wedding bc I love the torches and ambiance it will create.  Our colors are Salmon (light & bright), Chocolate and Gold.  It's a small 40-50 person wedding.

How is your planning coming along?  Colors?  Vendors?  How's your experience been with the resort?

: )

Planning is going good just need to find out how I'm going to buy flowers wholesale. My sister worked for a flower shop and she can make my arrangements. I’m hoping I can cut cost that way.

So far I have:

Dress

Hair/make up- is going to be done by my other sister and I think my hair might be done at the resort.

Photographer- I think Im going to change my photographer to Gabriela Mohar

Cake- Jennifer Hatton

Mexican Trio-Mariachi Los Cabos Internacional

DJ-Francisco Davila

Menu- Surf & Turf

I'm having a small wedding too less than 20 people, just family. My colors are Brown/Espresso, Bronze, and Ivory. The resort has been really nice and very helpful.

Good luck on the planning and let me know how your trip was when you return.

I feel the same way!!! I really don't want to spend $1000.00 on flowers that are just going to die and I can't even take them home.  Plus all the flower quotes that I've gotten from vendors are way over priced, so I rather make them myself. The only thing I will not be taken a chance on is my bouquet and some arrangements for the ceremony. The flowers that I would like to use are all white hydrangeas with white roses. I have been pricing it around and the average is $3-$5 per stem and $40-50 for 24 roses.

#327 pinkbride2011

pinkbride2011
            • 43 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

That's actually a decent price for hydrangeas (love this flower), I was considering them in pink.  Where did you find that price?  I'm considering this arrangement:large_image.jpg

Usually carnations (the poms up top, I wouldn't do the rose pom) are pretty inexpensive.  I like the idea of candles in tall and differing vases... but I'm not sure where to get the vases.  I sent Cabo Azul a message asking them about vases, Georgina is out until Friday. : (  I'm just scared the vases will be expensive to rent.  Have you been told if they're available at the resort?

June 11, 2011

#328 sesiliamadrigal

sesiliamadrigal
              • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

That's actually a decent price for hydrangeas (love this flower), I was considering them in pink.  Where did you find that price?  I'm considering this arrangement:large_image.jpg

Usually carnations (the poms up top, I wouldn't do the rose pom) are pretty inexpensive.  I like the idea of candles in tall and differing vases... but I'm not sure where to get the vases.  I sent Cabo Azul a message asking them about vases, Georgina is out until Friday. : (  I'm just scared the vases will be expensive to rent.  Have you been told if they're available at the resort?

I love your flower arrangement!! It will go really good with your colors.

This is the flower arrangement that I like. I love the urn that was used in the photo. Im going to try to find in it in LA. I was also thinking of using white carnations to make the arrangement look full so I can spend less money on hydrangeas.

The scenic Ritz-Carlton courtyard required no additional decorations. The water view, large fountain and cathedral windows were gorgeous enough.

I called almost all of the florist in Los Cabos LOL. So far FLORERIA SHADIA, FLORERIA ANGELA, and Cabo Flowers were good prices. I'm also going to call Costco and Sams Club tomorrow to see if I can order flowers in bulk. I will let you know what they say.

Have you contacted any florist to see if they will let you rent the vases?

#329 proti007

proti007
                • 467 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

Teira we have the same planned. Check out this session from Chris + Lynn, that's basically what I have in mind (except I'll be in my wedding dress the whole time!)

Originally Posted by Teira1031 

Where are all you ladies doing your TTD sessions? I want to do some pictures in the art district with all the cool buildings, architechture & bright colors and definitely want to do some beach & ocean pictures. Just have to figure out if i can fit both into the session time i have with my photog

#330 proti007

proti007
                  • 467 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

Oops actually posting the link would be good! http://www.chrisplus...0&p=10&a=0&at=0

Originally Posted by proti007 

Teira we have the same planned. Check out this session from Chris + Lynn, that's basically what I have in mind (except I'll be in my wedding dress the whole time!)

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Teira1031 

Back to Destination Wedding in Cabo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users