Jump to content

Photo

Post Here if You Are Getting Married in Cabo!


  • Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#321 kiwibride

kiwibride
  • Jr. Member
  • 275 posts

    Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:04 PM



    Originally Posted by cucumber 

    Hello!  I am getting married in Cabo at Dreams on May 30th...I'm the bride.  Looking for a photographer and videographer....any suggestions to help narrow things down would be great!  Thanks.

    I am getting married at Dreams on 11.4.11, Gabriel Garcia is my photographer, i have met him and he is really nice his rates are also very reasonable!  Good luck with your planning this website is fantastic!



    #322 melyta

    melyta
    • Newbie
    • 4 posts

      Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

      hi im mely

       

      im gonna get marry next november 11th...  its gonna be hindue and catholic wedding startinf november 10 to 12.. im still looking for the correct place for the wedding. if you have any advise please let me know.. also if you have hindue vendor it will perfect... i had been trouble to find them



      #323 Teira1031

      Teira1031
      • Member
      • 766 posts

        Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

        Where are all you ladies doing your TTD sessions? I want to do some pictures in the art district with all the cool buildings, architechture & bright colors and definitely want to do some beach & ocean pictures. Just have to figure out if i can fit both into the session time i have with my photog



        #324 pinkbride2011

        pinkbride2011
        • Newbie
        • 43 posts

          Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:56 AM


          Sorry, I haven't logged on in a week....

          Our colors are very similar! : )  I think they go very well with the resort.  I love your flower idea- it pains me to spend a lot of money on flowers, I just think it's a waste, but I've tried finding alternatives to flowers and I can't find one that adds color.  What color flowers will you do?  Our wedding is going to be small, at first I was upset about it and some of our flakier friends... but now I realize that it will feel much more intimate and I like the thought of that.  More people= more drama (typically) .
           

          Originally Posted by sesiliamadrigal 



          Quote:
          Originally Posted by pinkbride2011 

           The planning is going well!  We have a site visit in February... that will be our first time to the resort. We're sort of at a stand still on planning bc I need to see the location to envision the rest. 

           

          So far I have:

          dress

          hair/make up- Suzanne Morel

          photographer- Glez Photography

          baker- Jennifer Hatton

          dj- Mijares

          menu- Ahi & Filet Mignon

          website

          save-the-dates sent

          invitations (going out next week)

          MOH dress

          groom/BM suits

           

          We're doing an evening wedding bc I love the torches and ambiance it will create.  Our colors are Salmon (light & bright), Chocolate and Gold.  It's a small 40-50 person wedding.

           

          How is your planning coming along?  Colors?  Vendors?  How's your experience been with the resort?

           

          : )



           

          Planning is going good just need to find out how I'm going to buy flowers wholesale. My sister worked for a flower shop and she can make my arrangements. I’m hoping I can cut cost that way.

           

          So far I have:

          Dress

          Hair/make up- is going to be done by my other sister and I think my hair might be done at the resort.

          Photographer- I think Im going to change my photographer to Gabriela Mohar

          Cake- Jennifer Hatton

          Mexican Trio-Mariachi Los Cabos Internacional

          DJ-Francisco Davila

          Menu- Surf & Turf

           

          I'm having a small wedding too less than 20 people, just family. My colors are Brown/Espresso, Bronze, and Ivory. The resort has been really nice and very helpful.

           

          Good luck on the planning and let me know how your trip was when you return.




          June 11, 2011

          #325 sesiliamadrigal

          sesiliamadrigal
          • Newbie
          • 11 posts

            Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:24 AM



             

            Originally Posted by pinkbride2011 View Post


            Sorry, I haven't logged on in a week....

            Our colors are very similar! : )  I think they go very well with the resort.  I love your flower idea- it pains me to spend a lot of money on flowers, I just think it's a waste, but I've tried finding alternatives to flowers and I can't find one that adds color.  What color flowers will you do?  Our wedding is going to be small, at first I was upset about it and some of our flakier friends... but now I realize that it will feel much more intimate and I like the thought of that.  More people= more drama (typically) .
             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by sesiliamadrigal View Post



            Quote:
            Originally Posted by pinkbride2011 View Post

             The planning is going well!  We have a site visit in February... that will be our first time to the resort. We're sort of at a stand still on planning bc I need to see the location to envision the rest. 

             

            So far I have:

            dress

            hair/make up- Suzanne Morel

            photographer- Glez Photography

            baker- Jennifer Hatton

            dj- Mijares

            menu- Ahi & Filet Mignon

            website

            save-the-dates sent

            invitations (going out next week)

            MOH dress

            groom/BM suits

             

            We're doing an evening wedding bc I love the torches and ambiance it will create.  Our colors are Salmon (light & bright), Chocolate and Gold.  It's a small 40-50 person wedding.

             

            How is your planning coming along?  Colors?  Vendors?  How's your experience been with the resort?

             

            : )



             

            Planning is going good just need to find out how I'm going to buy flowers wholesale. My sister worked for a flower shop and she can make my arrangements. I’m hoping I can cut cost that way.

             

            So far I have:

            Dress

            Hair/make up- is going to be done by my other sister and I think my hair might be done at the resort.

            Photographer- I think Im going to change my photographer to Gabriela Mohar

            Cake- Jennifer Hatton

            Mexican Trio-Mariachi Los Cabos Internacional

            DJ-Francisco Davila

            Menu- Surf & Turf

             

            I'm having a small wedding too less than 20 people, just family. My colors are Brown/Espresso, Bronze, and Ivory. The resort has been really nice and very helpful.

             

            Good luck on the planning and let me know how your trip was when you return.


             


            I feel the same way!!! I really don't want to spend $1000.00 on flowers that are just going to die and I can't even take them home.  Plus all the flower quotes that I've gotten from vendors are way over priced, so I rather make them myself. The only thing I will not be taken a chance on is my bouquet and some arrangements for the ceremony. The flowers that I would like to use are all white hydrangeas with white roses. I have been pricing it around and the average is $3-$5 per stem and $40-50 for 24 roses.

             

             

             


             



            #326 pinkbride2011

            pinkbride2011
            • Newbie
            • 43 posts

              Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

              That's actually a decent price for hydrangeas (love this flower), I was considering them in pink.  Where did you find that price?  I'm considering this arrangement:large_image.jpg

              Usually carnations (the poms up top, I wouldn't do the rose pom) are pretty inexpensive.  I like the idea of candles in tall and differing vases... but I'm not sure where to get the vases.  I sent Cabo Azul a message asking them about vases, Georgina is out until Friday. : (  I'm just scared the vases will be expensive to rent.  Have you been told if they're available at the resort?


              June 11, 2011

              #327 sesiliamadrigal

              sesiliamadrigal
              • Newbie
              • 11 posts

                Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:20 AM



                 

                Originally Posted by pinkbride2011 View Post

                That's actually a decent price for hydrangeas (love this flower), I was considering them in pink.  Where did you find that price?  I'm considering this arrangement:large_image.jpg

                Usually carnations (the poms up top, I wouldn't do the rose pom) are pretty inexpensive.  I like the idea of candles in tall and differing vases... but I'm not sure where to get the vases.  I sent Cabo Azul a message asking them about vases, Georgina is out until Friday. : (  I'm just scared the vases will be expensive to rent.  Have you been told if they're available at the resort?


                I love your flower arrangement!! It will go really good with your colors.

                 

                This is the flower arrangement that I like. I love the urn that was used in the photo. Im going to try to find in it in LA. I was also thinking of using white carnations to make the arrangement look full so I can spend less money on hydrangeas.

                 

                The scenic Ritz-Carlton courtyard required no additional decorations. The water view, large fountain and cathedral windows were gorgeous enough.
                 

                I called almost all of the florist in Los Cabos LOL. So far FLORERIA SHADIA, FLORERIA ANGELA, and Cabo Flowers were good prices. I'm also going to call Costco and Sams Club tomorrow to see if I can order flowers in bulk. I will let you know what they say.

                 

                Have you contacted any florist to see if they will let you rent the vases?



                #328 proti007

                proti007
                • Jr. Member
                • 467 posts

                  Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

                  Teira we have the same planned. Check out this session from Chris + Lynn, that's basically what I have in mind (except I'll be in my wedding dress the whole time!)
                   

                  Originally Posted by Teira1031 

                  Where are all you ladies doing your TTD sessions? I want to do some pictures in the art district with all the cool buildings, architechture & bright colors and definitely want to do some beach & ocean pictures. Just have to figure out if i can fit both into the session time i have with my photog





                  #329 proti007

                  proti007
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 467 posts

                    Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

                    Oops actually posting the link would be good! http://www.chrisplus...0&p=10&a=0&at=0
                     

                    Originally Posted by proti007 

                    Teira we have the same planned. Check out this session from Chris + Lynn, that's basically what I have in mind (except I'll be in my wedding dress the whole time!)
                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Teira1031 

                    Where are all you ladies doing your TTD sessions? I want to do some pictures in the art district with all the cool buildings, architechture & bright colors and definitely want to do some beach & ocean pictures. Just have to figure out if i can fit both into the session time i have with my photog


                     




                    #330 pinkbride2011

                    pinkbride2011
                    • Newbie
                    • 43 posts

                      Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:44 PM


                      That's a great idea to mix the hydrangeas and carnations!  I know that is an inexpensive combo here.... let me know what you find out as far as the cost from wholesalers/bulk.  I have sent a couple of inquiries about vases and am waiting for a response.  I also asked CAR and they are asking their florists, since CAR does not have a selection.  I'll let you know what they say.   I've considered purchasing myself, but shipping is iffy and I'm afraid I'll break them in my luggage.  How are you getting the urns there?  I don't know if this site is helpful, but maybe they'll have what you're looking for:



                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pinkbride2011 

                      That's actually a decent price for hydrangeas (love this flower), I was considering them in pink.  Where did you find that price?  I'm considering this arrangement:large_image.jpg

                      Usually carnations (the poms up top, I wouldn't do the rose pom) are pretty inexpensive.  I like the idea of candles in tall and differing vases... but I'm not sure where to get the vases.  I sent Cabo Azul a message asking them about vases, Georgina is out until Friday. : (  I'm just scared the vases will be expensive to rent.  Have you been told if they're available at the resort?


                      I love your flower arrangement!! It will go really good with your colors.

                       

                      This is the flower arrangement that I like. I love the urn that was used in the photo. Im going to try to find in it in LA. I was also thinking of using white carnations to make the arrangement look full so I can spend less money on hydrangeas.

                       

                      The scenic Ritz-Carlton courtyard required no additional decorations. The water view, large fountain and cathedral windows were gorgeous enough.
                       

                      I called almost all of the florist in Los Cabos LOL. So far FLORERIA SHADIA, FLORERIA ANGELA, and Cabo Flowers were good prices. I'm also going to call Costco and Sams Club tomorrow to see if I can order flowers in bulk. I will let you know what they say.

                       

                      Have you contacted any florist to see if they will let you rent the vases?




                      June 11, 2011


                      Back to Destination Wedding in Cabo


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users