Hi All! :)

I've printed out my boarding passes, and printed off my pocketfold - but I can't get the fold to look good - how did everyone do theirs? Did you use a paper scorer?

Also, with the actual boarding passes, I'm using the ones with the curves at the 2 end bits - did anyone use some sort of device apart from scissors to get the curves right? I've got the corner punches which work wonderfully for the outer curves on the boarding passes, but its just those "v" like curves which are creating a problem! sad.gif

Hopefully someone can help!

xxxxxx

Thanks Bianca

I'm defo going to do the "v" like curves, just think they look brilliant - but would like to know now before I start doing them if there is an easier way to do them rather than laboring at them for days!lol

I dunno what i'm going to do with getting the folds looking less unprofessional..i'll just need to keep trying! lol

xxxxx

• VIP Member

i used the scissors for the "v"s... it actually wasn't that bad.

Now, for the creases, I used my pampered chef stone cleaner thingy-ma-bob. it's a brown plastic square with a straight edge... just run that across your seem and you have a beautiful fold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
i used the scissors for the "v"s... it actually wasn't that bad.

Now, for the creases, I used my pampered chef stone cleaner thingy-ma-bob. it's a brown plastic square with a straight edge... just run that across your seem and you have a beautiful fold!
I've just had a wee go at the pocketfold again...and it was a success on most levels! woo hoo. I scored the fold with open scissors then folded...this turned out perfectly..woohoo! However...then I went and broke my corner punch! I tried punching the pocketfold when it was actually folded...and i'm thinking the card was too thick! damn! I didn't know what size the buy for the corner punch, so I bought the small and extra small one....the extra small one is absolutely useless unless you are using extra small extra thin paper...and the small one was working fine until 5 mins ago!damn!

Only thing left to figure out is how to get those "v" corners perfect! I saw a rotary cutter on ebay...i'm thinking this might work, but don't know if it will work better than scissors!?

xxxx

If you have a paper cutter (the rotary kind), to make the Vs perfect, get the scoring blade for the cutter, score the line, fold it over and use your corner punch. You an do this with a bone folder as well. The V is just 2 corner punches put together, but you have to fold it in half to get the paper into the punch.

OMG, that is what that brown thing is from pampered chef! I found it in my drawer a few days ago and thought my mom had left it here as part of her cake decorating stuff!!!! I do have a pizza stone from PC so that is were it came from!

Thanks for the help!!!!!

I believe it is called a boner also. I score it with the non sharp end of the blade and fold and then run like the middle part of a pen over it, or ruler.