Hummmm....has anyone ever heard of guests monetary gifts paying towards a DW?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 misstrae76

• 217 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hey there all,

I have been trying to look for a thread in regards to this topic but couldn't find one.

I recently heard of someone having guests that were unable to attend the actual DW contribute ($$) to a DW as gifts. Has anyone heard of this or done it this way?

When I shared the wedding information with my uncle he said that instead of him going he will give me his gift ($) so it will go towards our DW. Im not sure if this is part of the Filipino tradition that it's more common for guests give monetary gifts or if other cultures practice this as well.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have heard of this before.

#2 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

No I have heard of it and if they want to do that I'd let them lol

#3 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

I haven't heard of that specifically.

I know there are honeymoon registries, where you sign up for your trip and people can contribute to the travel and/or excursions, spa treatments, etc. while you are there.

#4 misstrae76

• 217 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hummm maybe I do have this confused with honeymoon destinations? I'll try to see if I can do more research on this...it would be pretty cool either way!

#5 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

i wouldn't ask people to contribute to your wedding. they might chose to do it, but i don't think you should suggest it.

a honeymoon registry often just gives you cash (less a % fee). you could use that money to pay for your hotel/ flight/ etc.

#6 samanthag

• 896 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

My FMIL offered to throw us a bridal shower but instead of gifts have a money tree?
              Is this kinda what your talking about?
              I feel awkward about the whole situation and fortunately FI agrees with me.
              I've never heard of a money tree shower?

#7 nicmicj

• 244 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

There are a few websites out there that I know of that guests can contribute toward you honeymoon like honeymoonwishes.com like someone else said but I haven't seen anything out there that guests can contribute towards the wedding.

#8 misstrae76

• 217 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the responses ladies! From reading this, I think I do have it mistaken for the honeymoon registry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users