Hilton Details (again)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JENESIS

JENESIS
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:31 PM

Hi ladies.
    I am about to sign the final contract for Hilton and I just wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Do we have to arrive a certain number of days before the wedding for a legal ceremony?
    2. Do our witnesses have to do the same?
    3. Are there any other deserts offered besides cake?
    4. How is the wait staff during the reception?
    5. Is there anything else I should know before I sign this? Any warnings?

Thanks,

Jenesis

#2 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
    • 402 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:44 PM

Hi Jenesis! We're not getting married onsite, so I can't answer those questions. We're doing the legal thing in the US beforeheand and doing a church ceremony in Cabo. One thing I did was make Emeline insert an item that would allow us to use another venue onsite if we got rained out as a CYA maneuver. Regarding dessert, they can do mousses, pies, pastries, and the s'mores station (which we're doing). Maybe one of those items appeals to you?
      MariaElena - 10/28/06
      Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#3 JENESIS

JENESIS
      • 394 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

Thanks again.

#4 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
        • 402 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

I'm always glad to help!
          MariaElena - 10/28/06
          Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#5 gkashmira

gkashmira
          • 1,962 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

I had Emeline add in that she would give us a free two night stay prior to the wedding so we can do the tasting, etc.

We are also doing the legal paperwork in the US so I dont' know about the requirements - sorry!

Lastly while she didn't write it in the contract i also had her agree to include chair bows, candles and candles in bags for the ceremony and reception. I think she quoted $100 to add tiki torches...
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

jenesis, the want you to arrive 3 business days before to make it legal...you need to take blood tests and fill out some paperwork..

MariaE, above can help you with the other questions :)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 JENESIS

JENESIS
            • 394 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

Ooh! Free 2 nights. I wish I would have done that. TOo late now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users