• 62 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

Attached Files

#872 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
    • 260 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by meBonidie2be 

I still have not decided on what I'll do for the ceremony in Jamaica. I think I am just going to take them a couple pics of what I don't like and give them a few guidelines. Hopefully what they come up with makes me want to cry (in a good way of course).

I finally found a pic I love for AHR. My dress for home has a red sash. I really love the look of black beauty roses. I hope my florist can glue the gems in like that. Does anyone have advice for that? I don't know if she has done it before or not.

jeweled roses.jpg

My FI also got me these starfish to stick in there.

IMAG0276.jpg

I ordered something like these gems wrapped around the stems from save-on-crafts.com. It was way more than i should have paid for it, but I could not find what I wanted in the craft store. Plus, I can use it for Jamaica and AHR. I love it!

love the rhinestones.jpg

I'm so glad I have a little direction now

where did u get the starfish?

All because, two people fell in love!

#873 perry1217

perry1217
      • 355 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

I am ordering my flowers from a woman Elza who came recommended by one of the girls on here!  They look amazing from the pics! 

My bouquet and my MOH bouquet

IMG_7129.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

Groom and BM bout

IMG_7130.JPG

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#874 Avens

Avens
        • 576 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

That is so awesome!! I love them, they look like little violets.  Great work :)

Originally Posted by lianee 

I saw this photo a while ago (thumb.aspx? data-cke-saved-src=DSC_0319.JPG&width=900&height=500 src=DSC_0319.JPG&width=900&height=500

Now, here are some pictures of the flowers I made.  I still have to make them into the actual bouquets and get the ribbon for the stems, but you get the idea.  I'm pretty excited about them, but I hope we don'y have any problems transporting them!

BB 1.JPG

BB 2.JPG

BB 3.JPG

#875 Avens

Avens
          • 576 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

I ordered my flowers from Bloom Bridal based out of the Toronto area ( I think)

My inspiration bouquet was this

flowers insp.jpg

- but I wanted it to feel more tropical. I worked with Judy to design exactly what I wanted (She made about 3 small changes and one total redo for me). I'm pumped, FedEx says it should arrive anytime!

IMG_0333.JPGIMG_0455.JPG

#876 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
            • 509 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

So a long time ago I posted my bouquet inspiration. I loved the arrangement I chose and couldn't wait to see how the florist interpreted the photo I sent.

Needless to say, I was SUPER disappointed and had a bit of a meltdown when I saw what they brought. It's not that it wasn't beautiful, but it was NOT what I ordered. And to top it off they were an hour and a half late!!! I was getting my hair done when they finally arrived and sent my mom to take pics since it was so hot the flowers had to stay in the fridge. When she came back I flipped, ran upstairs to the fridge and freaked!! And, because I had to see for myself, I ended up running into my FI for the second time that day!!! It all worked out in the end, but I was super pissed!!

So here is my inspiration, which I sent them and they said no problem they could make this for me

bouquet inspiration6.jpg

And here is what I got ... the ONLY thing they got right was the flower type...

boquet actual.jpg

So if you get married in Costa Rica do no, I repeat, DO NOT use Eventos Boadicea in San Jose!!!! 

#877 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Your bouquet is still very beautiful but that is really too bad that they promised something that they couldn't deliver.

Originally Posted by Amanda+Dave 

So a long time ago I posted my bouquet inspiration. I loved the arrangement I chose and couldn't wait to see how the florist interpreted the photo I sent.

Needless to say, I was SUPER disappointed and had a bit of a meltdown when I saw what they brought. It's not that it wasn't beautiful, but it was NOT what I ordered. And to top it off they were an hour and a half late!!! I was getting my hair done when they finally arrived and sent my mom to take pics since it was so hot the flowers had to stay in the fridge. When she came back I flipped, ran upstairs to the fridge and freaked!! And, because I had to see for myself, I ended up running into my FI for the second time that day!!! It all worked out in the end, but I was super pissed!!

So here is my inspiration, which I sent them and they said no problem they could make this for me

bouquet inspiration6.jpg

And here is what I got ... the ONLY thing they got right was the flower type...

boquet actual.jpg

So if you get married in Costa Rica do no, I repeat, DO NOT use Eventos Boadicea in San Jose!!!! 

#878 MJKH

MJKH
                • Site Supporter
                • 654 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Ok, so I didn't want to be the one to say it first, but I thought the calla bouquet they did was quite beautiful.  To me, it's two totally different bouquets though...your inspiration photo is handcrafted and funky...the callas look like were made with pieces of felt or felted wool.  I would think your inspiration bouquet wouldn't be a run-of-the-mill florists' bouquet...more like a custom design off etsy.  And what you got was a very classical style fresh flower arrangement, no?  

Regardless, if you showed them the picture and they said they could do it, they should have done it!  Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted : (

Originally Posted by Brenners 

Your bouquet is still very beautiful but that is really too bad that they promised something that they couldn't deliver.

Attached Files

#879 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
                  • 509 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

I do think it was beautiful, it's just not what I wanted or anything like what I ordered. I had a moment of pure anger but then I decided not to let it ruin my day, and it didn't. Everything else was perfect!! Especially my groom :)

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Ok, so I didn't want to be the one to say it first, but I thought the calla bouquet they did was quite beautiful.  To me, it's two totally different bouquets though...your inspiration photo is handcrafted and funky...the callas look like were made with pieces of felt or felted wool.  I would think your inspiration bouquet wouldn't be a run-of-the-mill florists' bouquet...more like a custom design off etsy.  And what you got was a very classical style fresh flower arrangement, no?  

Regardless, if you showed them the picture and they said they could do it, they should have done it!  Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted : (

#880 MJKH

MJKH
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 654 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

I hear you Amanda!  Gee, that lush vegetation and beautiful tiled fountain in your picture has me drooling...

Originally Posted by Amanda+Dave 

I do think it was beautiful, it's just not what I wanted or anything like what I ordered. I had a moment of pure anger but then I decided not to let it ruin my day, and it didn't. Everything else was perfect!! Especially my groom :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users