Photo

Are the wedding bands supposed to match?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hunnyhun921

hunnyhun921
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

My FI bought me a yellow gold engagment ring. I love it. I really don't have a preference between white gold and yellow gold. However, he is saying that he wants a white gold wedding band. Are the bride and groom's wedding band supposed to match?

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:36 PM

they dont have to match at all. get what each of you likes. you have to wear it forever, so it might as well be something you love!

#3 samanthag

samanthag
    • 896 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:43 PM

I don't think they have to match either. I think it's a personal preference.

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
      • VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

No reason for them to match, just as long as you both like what you are wearing.

#5 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

My FI did the same thing. Bought me a beautiful ring but in a gold setting. I love the ring, but (not to sound ungrateful) would have preffered a silver setting or white gold. Now - he went and got a tungsten band and our rings do not match.

I polled all of my married friends and they all said that after a couple of years, none of their bands match because (usually) the husbands lost their bands so they ended up getting something different.

After hearing that - I stopped worrying about it. I would rather him wear a ring that is comfortable to wear than somethng he would be worried about losing or didn't like.
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#6 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

I think it's personal preference. I'm not even sure what traditions say in regards to rings.... but I wouldn't worry. Go with what each of you want!

#7 Cattie

Cattie
          • 594 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

My original E Ring had the wedding band with it. He wasn't sure what he wanted. We found rings in St Thomas that we both fell in love with, since at that point I was just going to wear a wedding band. So we found matching bands, that have channel set diamonds which I can upgrade to a bigger carat amount for our anniversary! Now I've decided I want to wear my E Ring with my wedding band, so for Christmas we're having my diamond reset to a ring that will match our wedding bands! I can't be happier!!

#8 sharibare

sharibare
            • 33 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

Ditto. Get what each of you wants. I think matching rings is another one of those old traditions that has been thrown out the window. Thank goodness!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users