Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jiffer

Dreams Tulum Closure (consolidated thread)

Recommended Posts

I think Anabel is the girl I met that was with Lizette. Lizette was in the process of training her when she met up with me at the Barcelo. She seemed nice but her English wasn't that great. Lizette's English is very good. I learned that she went to Texas for High school which is good since she translated our wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy706 View Post
The bad thing is I fall for it every time!!! I'm grabbing at straws here so I just want to have SOMETHING to go off of.

Yeah, never heard of Anabel. Maybe that means they actually do have additional help...
Anabel might be one of the two extra people they hired to get us through this mess. Not sure though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amesharpe View Post
I do have some news and feel free to read in to this any way you like.

Daniel contacted my travel agent today and inquired if I would be receptive to switching to Dreams Puerto Aventuras. My wedding is still a month and a half away!!!! I told her that I would need to think about it and get back to her.

So of course for the last 4 hours I've been trying to figure out the angle here. Why are they trying to figure out my wedding now before everyone elses?!?! It leads me to wonder if they really believe they will be opening any time soon.

Maybe it's because my wedding is during high season and every place will be booked to occupancy that they are trying to figure out what to do with me now!?!?!?!

There is another wedding planned that day (I guess they only do 1 a day there?) but he had been in contact with them and can assure us that they can absolutely host two weddings that day.

Has anyone in late Nov or December gotten this email too?

I'm a little confused at this point. I can't decide which is the better of two evils. Move to a resort that will only be open for a month prior to our arrival or wait and see what options shake out when it's my turn for them to move me. Or is it my turn now. You wouldn't think so based on what's been happening.

Have any of you girls in Dec thought about DPA? thoughts?
im wondering if you choose DPA as your back up gaurantee will they still honor you DT date if it opens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Anabel is the girl I met that was with Lizette. Lizette was in the process of training her when she met up with me at the Barcelo. She seemed nice but her English wasn't that great. Lizette's English is very good. I learned that she went to Texas for High school which is good since she translated our wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
Oh lord!!! such drama! This is getting so crazy!!!!

This comment made me just laugh. You're right such DRAMA!

How I wish we were all in one city so we can vent together!
shots.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalocany View Post
im wondering if you choose DPA as your back up gaurantee will they still honor you DT date if it opens?
I doubt they'll give me the "back up" option. I imagine it's a definate...something to the effect of you change now and can have the piece of mind or wait it out and see what happens.

I'm hesitant to make a decision. I've been trying to figure out all day what the He!! they were thinking when they contacted my TA.

I'll wait and see what my TA comes back with. I was totally planning on hearing something around Thanksgiving but now it makes me wonder.

If they're confident that they expect to be open after Nov. 15th and we're getting that info today. Why would they seek out my TA and inquire wheather or not I would like to switchhuh.gif

Who knows, maybe they are planning on reopening on the premise that they can only use the buildings they have permits for. Maybe they expect to reopen everything!!!

I just feel like I can't make a decision with out all of the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
This comment made me just laugh. You're right such DRAMA!

How I wish we were all in one city so we can vent together!
shots.gif
ditto, I'll drink to thatshots.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oohhhh boy, 3 days until I head off to Mexico (Secrets Maroma Beach) and I have no idea now (despite months of wedding planning for Dreams Tulum) if I will be married on the beach, where my reception will be and heck... don't even have a clarification on what room I will be in despite the FI and I booking quite an expensive "ocean front" room at DT. Heads up and just hope for the best I guess... sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amesharpe View Post
I doubt they'll give me the "back up" option. I imagine it's a definate...something to the effect of you change now and can have the piece of mind or wait it out and see what happens.
I would think if you move to Dreams Puerto Aventuras you can probably request to be moved back to DT if it's open in time. However if you move to another resort chain, it would probably be more difficult to be moved back because who knows what type of arrangement that resort has with Dreams Tulum (i.e. Dreams must be paying them and they are not accepting other reservations once they accept yours).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodylynn007 View Post
Oohhhh boy, 3 days until I head off to Mexico (Secrets Maroma Beach) and I have no idea now (despite months of wedding planning for Dreams Tulum) if I will be married on the beach, where my reception will be and heck... don't even have a clarification on what room I will be in despite the FI and I booking quite an expensive "ocean front" room at DT. Heads up and just hope for the best I guess... sad.gif
Don't worry, it will all come together, and I'm sure they will give you the best room they have, and if not, request it and be insistent! I wrote in my review about how the rooms manager had promised me a free upgrade to the best room if available (and they admitted it was), and then when i checked in they tried to just give me an upgrade to dreams suite garden view, and I was asking for ocean view, and I requested to speak to the rooms manager who I had contact with my email, and next thing I know, never mind Dreams ocean view junior suite, I had a honeymoon suite! So be insistent (which doesn't require being rude at all, you can be politely insistent like I was!)

If you aren't satisfied with your room, ask, them to refund you the difference between dreams basic room and the room you paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×