Photo

TTD definition

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 saraece

saraece
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:39 AM

I ran across explanation of TTD and thought it was worded well. I had never heard of it this way, maybe I am just slow though...

"Trash the Dress" is a movement where a Bride will record the destruction of her Wedding Dress - after her wedding - to show her husband the depth of her commitment to him. She's telling him she'll never need a wedding dress again. It's edgy, sexy, and a lot of fun to shoot.
    Like our first kiss all over again

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:49 AM

i've heard that explanation, but that wasn't what a TTD is about for many of us. to me it's just a way to get some unique pictures without worrying about getting a little dirty. on the wedding day you are trying to stay polished and you are on a time limit. for a ttd you can just let loose. i think the ttd pics usually turn out to be the best pictures from the wedding.

#3 sanddune

sanddune
      • 179 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

i love that description, but i do agree with morgan. I can't wait for my TTD session.
        a little help goes a long way.

#4 mexicobride2009

mexicobride2009
        • 164 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:09 PM

I agree with Morgan - that isn't what it's about for most people... especially since a lot of people buy another dress for the TTD session! :)

#5 RosieM

RosieM
          • Banned
          • 97 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:00 PM

Yea I agree with Morgan too. Most of us are just getting the dress wet which won't do anything damaging to it. I explain it as "pictures that are more causal and fun in our wedding clothes".

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:08 PM

i think it was one of those definitions that someone came up with after it started. i imagine people started trashing the dress just to do something fun & creative.

because, really who would wear the same dress again in their 2nd wedding? i wonder if anyone has done that.

a lot of photographers are now calling them "day after sessions."

whatever the meaning behind it, i suggest doing it. i trashed 3 times. the dress had been trashed once before too. it was so much fun!

#7 LisaMark

LisaMark
              • Banned
              • 125 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

Every girl wants to wear the dress they fell in love with one more time!

It's an awesome description (and maybe a great way to sell your FI on the idea of doing the post-wedding shoot ;-) but I agree, it's a fancy way of saying "hey don't worry about that grass stain because it's gonna make an AWESOME image!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users