Sign in to follow this  
leigh0731

Old Bahama Bay Brides

Hi!

Wondering if there are any other OBB Brides out there? Would love to chat about your experiences so far, advice to a newcomer, etc. We could even start an email list to be more in touch - the way I feel, the more info we all have, the better for all of us!

Hope to hear from you...

Leigh

Hi! I haven't booked yet, but I have it down to there and 1 other resort.. When is your wedding? Have you heard any feedback from other ppl who had their wedding there? My only hesitation is there are some negative reviews on tripadvisor, but it looks so beautiful and they seem so nice and accomodating there..

I've been to Old Bahama Bay on one of my trips to Grand Bahama. We just went for the day to have lunch and check it out but it was beautiful!

Oh Kelly, I am glad you liked it! We picked OBB because it is smaller and we thought it would be more intimate. DGG, I agree about the negative reviews, but I drove myself crazy with tripadvisor so after a while I just let it go :) We got great feedback from the references they gave us (not surprising I guess!) So far they have been really nice - although I am pretty laid back so I haven't been very demanding either.

Let me know what you decide, looks like the OBB crowd is small so far! We are getting married in July.

Here are some pics of when I was there. They don't show much, but I know how everyone on here loves pics! lol

Click the image to open in full size.

It was such a relaxing day there and if I remember correctly the pool was pretty awesome.

Yay! We finally booked out wedding there for May!

Leigh - sorry for the stressed out messages :)

Who is your wedding planner?

Anyone else getting married from Old Bahama Bay?

Or on Grand Bahama Island??

It seems like there aren't much of us here...

I know this is an old thread and since everything on BDWF falls in an archive, possibly this may help the next bride doing a search for the location.

Sol & I covered this wedding at Old Bahama Bay in 2007. It pretty well features the location and the setup....

Old Bahama Bay Wedding

Hope this helps some!

cheers,

matt

I'm getting married on Grand Bahama Island in June 2010 at the Our Lucaya Resort. Any suggestions/ideas you have for me regarding vendors or things I can tell our guests or anything else you'd like to share, please let me know. Thanks

hello! I''m new to the message board and I am looking into OBB. My concerns are about guests and how far away from other resorts the OBB is. I'm estimating between 30-35 guests and some of them probably will stay at other resorts on Grand Bahama Island. Are there shuttles or how far (in minutes) is OBB? Again if there is anyone who had their wedding there I would love to hear about it!