Sign in to follow this  
FoxyBride

Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

Originally Posted by kurlyks View Post

I did it this morning! I'm on an every-other-day schedule with it now. I just feel so much better about myself when I work out. 

bachatabride- just stick with it and try to think of it as part of your daily routine. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, so if you can just stay motivated to do it that long then before you know it you'll actually feel weird if you don't work out. I never thought I would say "I really wanna work out today", but once you get into a routine it really works.

Wow! Great job!! I want to do it 5 times a week, but right now I am way too busy....will get better at the end of this week and I will squeeze my work outs in then. It really helps me that I promised FI that I will work out every time he goes for a run :) I love the feeling after working out as well and I sleep soooo much better at night!

Does anyone know if it's more beneficial to work out before you go to bed, or when you first wake up? I already have to get up at 6am...and I don't think I could do 5:30 in order to work out before work!!

Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post

Does anyone know if it's more beneficial to work out before you go to bed, or when you first wake up? I already have to get up at 6am...and I don't think I could do 5:30 in order to work out before work!!

It is more beneficial to work out when you first wake up, before breakfast (then you should eat within 20-30 min after the work out). The difference is bigger when you do low impact work outs though, like morning walks before breakfast. I used to be able to get up 1.5 hrs early and go for an hour power walk but now I just can't get up that early. Most important is that you are working out at all, anyway.

I've read that mornings are the best, because the exercise gives your metabolism a boost and you burn all day.  I tried the 5a workouts--- sooo rough!  But hey- as long as you do it, that's all that counts.  Getting up early to workout just gave me another excuse not to do it at all!  So not a morning person over here!

I think there are benefits to both. I worked out early this morning and I think it makes you eat a lot better cause you don't want to ruin all your hard work, lol. Most of the time, however, I work out as soon as I get home from work. It gets me moving after sitting all day and then I can eat dinner and relax.

I think whichever way makes you more motivated is what you should do because then you'll stick with it and work harder.

I think that's what I'm going to do...right after work...I'm not a morning person at all!! And if I do feel the need sometime to wake up 30mins early then I can always take the pooch for a walk!

I actually read an article last week which said pm workouts (between 5-6) just might be the most beneficial. Check it out here. Makes me feel better of not being able to workout in the am. ;)  I get up early enough as it is to get to work for 8, so I'm always working out around 6pm.

Originally Posted by Lua View Post

I actually read an article last week which said pm workouts (between 5-6) just might be the most beneficial. Check it out here. Makes me feel better of not being able to workout in the am. ;)  I get up early enough as it is to get to work for 8, so I'm always working out around 6pm.

I don't even get out of work until 6, that make me home around 7-7:30 then make dinner.... no time at night for working out I will have to get up early i guess.

So i fail...I didn't do the shred last night sad.gif

But I did get out for 30mins for a walk with the dog! Its not as good as the shred, but at least its something!! I will be doing BOTH this evening...I promise!!!

Ugh last night we got a card from FI's mother from May when we went to visit and she included pictures... I'm freakin' huge! That was all the motivation I need to eat nothing but brown rice and veggies for the rest of my life! (j/k)

I miss my size 6 body :(

started up the shred again this morning, boy do I feel sick! perhaps it was just way too hot and humid to do that much activity... not sure..

Also changing my diet to have more whole grains and veggies and less meat and fat.

We will see how it goes... my back is only mildly hurting so far today.