Honeymoons for Puerto Vallarta Destination Weddings...?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Mel&B

• 613 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

Hi Everyone,

Since we are all having, or thinking about having, destination weddings, I am curious to see what you are doing for a honeymoon? Is your wedding week going to serve as your Honeymoon? Are you going to stay in PV after your guests leave? Take off for another desintation altogether? I myself am thinking about spending a few quiet days at the new Dreams Villamagna after my guests leave in May. Does anyone else have any good ideas?

#2 Mrs.Captain

• 156 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

We aren't getting married in PV, but we're staying an extra week at another resort for the honeymoon. Your plan to move to the new Dreams resort sounds wonderful.
      Jennifer & David
      January 22, 2009
      Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#3 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

We were thinking of flying to San Diego or L.A. and taking a 2 week cruise to the Hawaiin Islands.

#4 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

We were married at the Mayan Palace in the Marina (stayed at Melia) and moved over to the Grand Velas Vallarta in Nuevo Vallarta. We didn't check in until almost midnight the next day since we decided to hang out with our guests one extra day after the wedding (we kept our bracelets, haha).

#5 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

We went to Hawaii the next week!

#6 kr3611

• 127 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:18 AM

We're getting married at the Vallarta Palace, heading up to Sayulita for 3 nights that day after, and then back down to dreams for the last few days - so we'll spend our honeymoon in PV, just at different hotels

#7 K&Rwedding

• Banned
              • 494 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

Since we live in NYC and PV puts us on the West Coast we are going to take advantage of this and head over to the South Pacific, possibly Bora Bora, Cook Island or New Caldonia... Still trying to decided.

Check out Vanuatu it is another option for us....

#8 starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

We went from PV to Jamaica :)

#9 liz2408

• 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

I am getting married at Casa Velas; we will stay for a week there and after the wedding; we will go to Hotelito Desconocido...

#10 ChristinaH

• 178 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

We'll be a week in PV for the wedding and then going to Puerto Rico for 5 days for a honeymoon.

Personally, I felt like I had to have a true "honeymoon" away from our guests. A lot of our friends are staying in PV with us through Wednesday after the wedding, leaving us with one day by ourselves. Basically I felt gipped out of a honeymoon, so we booked another trip. I want to spend time with my friends in PV while they're there. They came all that way to be with us - besides, it'll be fun!

So we're getting the best of both worlds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users