Photo

Balancing your Time...And how not to go Crazy!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Destination08

Destination08
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hello All,

Those who have done a DW any tips...We have about 35 people going on the trip and I was wondering if you did anything to help balance your time between your guests so you didn't forget/upset anyone?

Let me know!

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

When i first booked the trip and my guests booked, i was really worried that such and such wouldnt have enough to do and that i should have dinner with x on one night and y on the other night. Well now i'm just like "Whatever". Everyone will be fine. I am going to greet everyone when they walk into the resort, have a welcome dinner, and then see them on the wedding day. Anything besides that will just be decided when we get there. I'm sure people dont want me to schedule their vacation activities for them anyway.

FSIL got married away and we just all met at the lobby bar almost every night but it wasn't planned it just happened that way, then we would go to dinner some would eat here some there. it's was laidback, no big deal.

I wouldnt even worry about it if i was you.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:27 AM

We are going to welcome everyone as they arrive at the hotel and then have welcome cocktails at the lobby bar after dinner or something, I really don't want to monopolize my guests time at the hotel - they are on vacation too! So no pre-organized activities here :)

#4 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
        • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

Same as above... going with the carefree way on this. I wanted to book something as a group... but it was just too diffucult. We have all gone back and forth with different ideas .. who wants to go swim with dolphins, who wants a canopy tour.. and we have grouped ourselves up with other peoples interest so we have some of idea.. but its totally up to the groups to figure out when and how.

#5 klopez

klopez
          • 176 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

I wouldn't worry about it either. The way I see it is, although my guests have travelled to be at our wedding, the other incentive was vacation time. As long as they show up to the wedding, the rest of the time is theirs

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

honestly, dont worry about it. your guests will not be expecting to spend a ton of time with you - they know you are busy with other things on your mind. so if it happens that you get to spend a bunch of time with them great, and if not, its no big deal. honestly, there were times i just wanted to be alone with my DH away from our families and guests.

#7 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

I'll see some on the plane, some before the wedding and then the lot on my wedding day. Apart from that i'm planning nothing.

FI's lot I will be doing my best to keep away from so i'll be in the bar with my best m8 getting slaughtered to be able to cope lmao

#8 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by 2bebridejamaica
                Same as above... going with the carefree way on this. I wanted to book something as a group... but it was just too diffucult. We have all gone back and forth with different ideas .. who wants to go swim with dolphins, who wants a canopy tour.. and we have grouped ourselves up with other peoples interest so we have some of idea.. but its totally up to the groups to figure out when and how.
                We decided that we are going to plan out our excursion(s) and let our guests know what we are doing & that they are more than welcome to come along. I'm sure some of our guests will not have the money to dish out on extras like excursions/tours. I am not planning a welcome dinner because arrival dates/times are scattered (I have people coming from 4, possibly 5, different gateways!) FI's BM isn't even getting in until the day before the wedding!!
                I figure we will just be meeting up with people out & about!! And of course we will see them at the wedding!!

#9 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:41 PM

i just wanted to come back and add also that we had no planned activities for our guests except last minute "hey we're doing this and if you want to join us, cool" - and all of our guests still said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to... so really, dont fuss to much about planning things for your guests to do. like someone else said, they are on vacation too and won't mind if you dont plan everything out for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users