Photo

My FI said he doesn't want to get married....and our wedding is in less than 3 months

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#51 dainanewell

dainanewell
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:31 PM

thanks....yeah we have trip insurance but we will lose all our deposits........I m scared to tell everyone....but I m sure they will understand....i hope....

#52 SBlake

SBlake
    • 150 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

You have to do whats right for you. Don't worry about your guests right now. They obviously love you two if they are making the trip, they will understand. I hope things work out! I think if you want to tell your parents so you can get their support than do it! I'm so sorry you've been put in this situation! We're all here for you!

#53 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
      • 583 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

I'm so sorry, I don't even know what else to say

#54 sunset78

sunset78
        • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

Sooo sorry to hear that you are still going through this. He seriously needs to be honest with you, instead of playing with your emotions. It's getting close to the date, and he needs to give a straight answer.

#55 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:11 PM

It's horrible but I think you have to think of yourself and your kids. It depends on what you feel but I know I'd be saying right make a decision now I'm pissed off with this maybe yes maybe not - but that's me everyone is different x

I've been there but mine was after I was married all of a sudden he decided he didn't love me 6 months later!! I thought shite with this life is too short and bailed.

Do whats right for you and not everyone else

#56 meagan

meagan
            • 133 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

I CANNOT believe you are still going through this. It's not fair that he is changing his mind. Maybe you should go back to the original plan and ask him to leave for a bit. It will give him space to "decide" (which is complete bullshit in my eyes). He needs to get his act together and be mature about all this.

How are your kids? Do you think they can sense something is up?

Him not wanting to tell your parents is wierd. He really has no idea what he wants, until he opens up to you, its like everything is on hold. I really feel for you. You shouldnt be going through this. Good luck!

BIG HUG!

#57 trophywife

trophywife
              • 169 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

Oh my goodness!! What's up with him?? I think you should be able to tell your parents. They're paying so they should know whats up. Plus, if he knows you're going to tell your parents maybe it'll hit him in the head and make him realize that he needs to figure out what he wants QUICK!! If he feels embarrassed, that's not your fault sweetie!!

I'm really sorry you are having to go through all of this darling. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Go to the spa and get a massage. We're all here for you!!

(((HUGS)))

#58 samanthag

samanthag
                • 896 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:05 AM

First off,

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I can't imagine how you are feeling. It's easy for all of us to try & give you advice but ultimately you need to do what is best for you and your precious children. If you want to tell your parents, tell them. It's not fair that he tells you who you can & can't tell. This is extremely emotional time & you need your family's support!
                  Remember, ultimately it's YOU & YOUR KIDS (period).
                  Be strong.
                  Have faith.
                  You are young and beautiful and you have your ENTIRE life ahead of you!!!!!
                  God put you on this earth for bigger and better things!!!!!
                  You call the shots!!

#59 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                  • 1,634 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:14 AM

If my h2b was doing this, i would be telling my family first...they are the ones who will always be there for you.

I'm really sorry your going through this lady.

Big hugs are getting sent your way.

xxx

#60 meagan

meagan
                    • 133 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by samanthag
                      First off,

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I can't imagine how you are feeling. It's easy for all of us to try & give you advice but ultimately you need to do what is best for you and your precious children. If you want to tell your parents, tell them. It's not fair that he tells you who you can & can't tell. This is extremely emotional time & you need your family's support!
                      Remember, ultimately it's YOU & YOUR KIDS (period).
                      Be strong.
                      Have faith.
                      You are young and beautiful and you have your ENTIRE life ahead of you!!!!!
                      God put you on this earth for bigger and better things!!!!!
                      You call the shots!!

Right on! I second that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users