Photo

Buy a Planner or Make Your Own?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bashigyal

bashigyal
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

Which is better....are there recommended 3-ring binder Planners out there to buy with the best checklists, timelines, spreadsheets? Or is it better to just make your own so you have all the dividers and sections you personally need?

If you would recommend a good 3-ring Planner, which is the best?

And if you think it's better to make your own, what categories make up your dividers (ie: Venue, Budget, Catering, Florist, Photography)...I'm looking for a comprehensive list of all categories I'll need to keep track of, and any suggestions on how you made your binder.

Please help a disorganized bride-to-be! :-)

#2 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

Hey, I made my own...but my favorite check list was from the Simple wedding magazine. Very good magazine and worth the money!

#3 GregsBride

GregsBride
      • 333 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

TA Maureen,

I bought the same planner from B&N... I was considering taking it back because like you said there wasn't a lot of DW info. I just might follow your lead and keep it and modify it. Thanks for the tip!!

Christina
        ~Christina

#4 akbeach

akbeach
        • 169 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

I got a 15 pocket organizer (office paper size) at an office supply store and put tabs for budget, dress, decor, hotel, etc. That was, I can put pics I tear out of magazine in the slots. It works great!
          http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
          Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#5 DLyteful

DLyteful
          • 879 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

I made my own with a cute binder. I printed a check list from the knot, but I'm sure that you can find one online thats more fror destination weddings. And I just made the categories that were important to me. Budget, attire, guestlist, decor, Extras, etc...

#6 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
            • Vendor
            • 2,015 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:27 PM

Go with a planner. None of them will be 100% perfect but will bring up things you didn't think of. You can always make modifications for your specific wedding and destination. Plus the obvious benifit of keeping thiings organized for you. You'll feel a lot better about your planning and that you are semi in control in this out of control world! haha
              Good luck.
              Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
              Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
              Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
              Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
              http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#7 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

I bought one and found it really unhelpful. I ended up just keeping everything in a 3ring binder and it was way more convenient for me.

#8 adias.angel

adias.angel
                • 719 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by RaydensMama
                  I bought one and found it really unhelpful. I ended up just keeping everything in a 3ring binder and it was way more convenient for me.
                  I second that. The one I bought is sitting in the bookshelf unused.

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

My MOH got me the club wedd planning binder from Target and I found it to be very useful. It was separated into sections, each with folders to keep things in. Because it was a 3 ring I was able to add/remove things easily. Whatever you go with I wouldn't spend too much on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users