Photo

DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#2211 deinasm

deinasm
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ok everyone, I have a question about transportation in PV....Has anyone looked into renting cars? I have never been to PV before and when we go for our site visit in Feb we were thinking this would be a cheaper way to go than using a cab, and we could try it our and let our guests know if it is a good idea or not....Any thoughts on this? I would love to hear what some of you are doing for transportation from the airport to the hotel. Thanks!!!

#2212 adembeck8

adembeck8
    • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Ok everyone, I have a question about transportation in PV....Has anyone looked into renting cars? I have never been to PV before and when we go for our site visit in Feb we were thinking this would be a cheaper way to go than using a cab, and we could try it our and let our guests know if it is a good idea or not....Any thoughts on this? I would love to hear what some of you are doing for transportation from the airport to the hotel. Thanks!!!

I went there on vacation years ago and rented a car. It was very easy to get around in and seemed safer than the cabs.

#2213 CLefebvre92

CLefebvre92
      • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Hello everyone! My fiancĀ© and I are getting married at the dreams puerto vallarta June 5th 2013. We are having our ceremony in the gazebo, our cocktails on the terrace and the reception by the pool. I'm having a little trouble with the wedding coordinator. We want to set up our own decorations since we have a wedding part of 12 but she told us we only have an hour before the ceremony starts to set up!!! I think that crazy since we are paying a lot already to have our wedding there!!! Does anyone have any suggestions about this or any advice about any part of the wedding? and reception

#2214 CLefebvre92

CLefebvre92
        • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:27 AM

Hello everyone! My fiancĀ© and I are getting married at the dreams puerto vallarta June 5th 2013. We are having our ceremony in the gazebo, our cocktails on the terrace and the reception by the pool. I'm having a little trouble with the wedding coordinator. We want to set up our own decorations since we have a wedding part of 12 but she told us we only have an hour before the ceremony starts to set up!!! I think that crazy since we are paying a lot already to have our wedding there!!! Does anyone have any suggestions about this or any advice about any part of the wedding?

#2215 bbbride

bbbride
          • 38 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

My TA just posted on Facebook that AMResorts won't be managing dreams Cancun or puerto Vallarta after April 2014. Does anyone have info on this?

#2216 futurekcarrera

futurekcarrera
            • 27 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 14, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Vallarta Bay, Puerto Vallarta
            • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

I just got a note from the Dreams PV Rooms Coordinator about this. They are going to have a new owner come April. I am Devastated!!!! I sent back an email with lots of questions, because what I got was very vague...When I hear back I will post it!

Soon to be a Carrera

Secrets Vallarta Bay

November 2014

#2217 aamy

aamy
            • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by futurekcarrera 

I just got a note from the Dreams PV Rooms Coordinator about this. They are going to have a new owner come April. I am Devastated!!!! I sent back an email with lots of questions, because what I got was very vague...When I hear back I will post it!

Please let us know :(! Thanks

#2218 futurekcarrera

futurekcarrera
              • 27 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 14, 2011
              • Wedding Location:Secrets Vallarta Bay, Puerto Vallarta
              • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

So the only information I have gotten out of the wedding coordinator is that they will no longer be a Dreams/AMResort as of April 20 2014. They aren't able to confirm bookings or give prices for anything thereafter, and they dont know who the new owner will be.

I don't trust the situation and it make me uneasy not knowing who will own them, if they are keeping it open, what the prices will be, my guests not being able to book until may, etc. etc. etc....so I am changing resorts. Now headed to the Secrets PV/Now Amber. They actually are transferring my deposit for me too.

If anyone worked with Fatima when she was at Dreams PV, she is the new coordinator at SecretsPV/Now Amber too.

Very excited :)

Soon to be a Carrera

Secrets Vallarta Bay

November 2014

#2219 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
              • 503 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by futurekcarrera 

So the only information I have gotten out of the wedding coordinator is that they will no longer be a Dreams/AMResort as of April 20 2014. They aren't able to confirm bookings or give prices for anything thereafter, and they dont know who the new owner will be.

I don't trust the situation and it make me uneasy not knowing who will own them, if they are keeping it open, what the prices will be, my guests not being able to book until may, etc. etc. etc....so I am changing resorts. Now headed to the Secrets PV/Now Amber. They actually are transferring my deposit for me too.

If anyone worked with Fatima when she was at Dreams PV, she is the new coordinator at SecretsPV/Now Amber too.

Very excited :)

I just spoke with my travel agent and he said my party should be okay, as we booked air and rooms together. I am sending in my wedding deposit form tonight/ tomorrow and will hopefully secure that in now.

I don't see why a new owner wouldn't honour the bookings- I am worried about a price difference, but we will see what happens!

#2220 elisa555

elisa555
                • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi ladies! I just heard about this from my travel agent today too. I heard the Hyatt is taking over. My wedding is on April 19, 2014 so I'm worried about it. I think I'll probably switch resorts as well. Jenny, as there a big increase in price to switch to the Amber/Now Resort in PV?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users