Photo

ROR Site Visit

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

Does the ROR offer a discount for a site visit? I know several have you have gone to check the resort out before you got married there. If so, how much of a discount?

#2 christenew

christenew
    • 325 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:01 AM

I have not heard of such a thing with ROR. My dad was in Jamaica in January and tried to arrange to go and see the resort and the wedding locations. They wouldn't allow it, even for 30 min.

#3 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
      • 813 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:14 AM

You could probably do a day pass to check it out.

#4 sally

sally
        • 302 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:09 AM

I did not get a discount for my site visit........ I am going to try for an upgrade tho when we arrive. We go 25th Sept til 3rd Oct

#5 sportsdog2

sportsdog2
          • 87 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Hmmm.....it won't hurt to ask. I'm hoping to go soon for the same reason. I'll talk with my TA to see if she can work something out for me. I'll let the forum know if I have any success.

#6 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
            • 456 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

I have my TA working on it... but the Riu has not gotten back to her yet. I will also let you guys know whether or not they do it.

#7 m_willis22

m_willis22
              • 123 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:31 PM

I know if you use destinationweddings.com under certain packages for ROR you get a 3 day site visit you just have to pay for the airfare. We are not doing the site visit but using our 3 days to go to the resort early before the wedding.

#8 sportsdog2

sportsdog2
                • 87 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Here is the information on the packages from destinationweddings.com. The room for site inspeciton/visit is included with the "Reserve 20-29 rooms".

Reserve 10-19 rooms and Bride & Groom receive: a free upgrade to next room category from the one paid, special room decoration for room, fruit basket & sparkling wine, surprise gift from hotel management for their room, welcome sign, welcome drink upon check-in, personalized assistance from groups coordinator prior to arrival and personalized assistance from hotel's management during group's stay.

Reserve 20 to 29 rooms and receive 1 complimentary room (same room category and same number of nights as majority of group), free upgrade for Bride & Groom to a Jr. ocean view suite deluxe wing (has exclusive features as follows: hydromassage bathtubs, split-level with a spectacular ocean view, concierge service, exclusive restaurants, steak house, gourmet and Japanese on deluxe wing - this replaces above free upgrade), surprise gift for Bride from Renova Spa, 15% discounted prices from Renova Spa for entire wedding group (need to make previous reservations with Renova Spa), late check out (based on availability on site), advanced reservations for one of our A la Carte restaurants for Bride & Groom (one night during their stay, previous reservation with your Groups Coordinator and valid up to 6 pax), bathrobes for Bride & Groom's Room to use during their stay, standard wedding cake during cocktail party for attending guests, 1 complimentary room for site inspection up to 3 nights for Bride & Groom previous to group arrival , plus all items from above section.

Reserve 30 rooms or more and receive tuxedo strawberries & sparkling wine for Bride & Groom's room, bottle of rum & fruit basket for Bride & Groom's parents (up to a max.of 2 rooms), advanced reservations for two of our A la Carte restaurants for Bride & Groom (two nights during their stay, previous reservation with your Groups Coordinator and valid up to 6 pax each night) , one hour cocktail for wedding reception at no extra cost (Basic Hors D'oeuvres included) for entire group, 1 Semi Private Dinner at no extra charge (previous reservation with your Groups Coordinator), 20% discounted price for the use of Pacha Disco for private 2 hours use (check details and restrictions with your Groups Coordinator), plus all above items.

#9 Joanna

Joanna
                  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

m willis and sportdog ... did you guys have to pay anything for those packages? how do you like destinationweddings.com ... i know there is a $50 fee to join, are there other fees?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users