~~Hurricane Ike~~

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

• VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

Looks like that little bugger is headed right towards where I live. It could hit us head on or 300 miles north or 300 miles south.

At the very least we will get tons of rain and tons more mosquitos than we already have. We haven't been able to go on our nightly walk because we get eaten alive by those little guys.

I hope Ike isn't a Cat 3 by the time he hits land. I also hope the change in air pressure doesn't cause me to go into labor early!

#2 becks

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:33 AM

Oh yuck Martha!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Do you have somewhere to go if you have to evacuate?

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 Banana11

• VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

I'm not familiar with hurricanes...how far in advance do they know if it will go north or south of you? Or do you just know when it actually hits? I hope it isn't too bad!

#4 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:13 AM

Uggghhh Martha I really hope it doesn't hit you... this whole hurricane business needs to stop like NOW... everyday there seems to be a new one!

#5 clmarti1

• 207 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

I live in Houston and we're worried it will come this way. I hope it doesn't, a coworker is actually supposed to get married this weekend!

#6 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:04 AM

I have my fingers crossed for you Martha, as well as everyone else that has, may & will be affected my Ike! These storms are never nice to deal with, and I too hope that it is not very strong when it does hit the mainland.
            Do you have somewhere to go if you have to leave?
            My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#7 LisaG

• VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

Arrgg Martha - that sucks!! Where exactly do you live now?

You can always come to Dallas and stay with us

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

Oh no Martha! I hope Ike doesn't hit near you.

#9 samanthag

• 896 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

Martha I'm right with you! I live in San Antonio and we usually NEVER have to worry about this stuff!
                  What's going on??

#10 Martha

• VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

I actually live in Corpus now....actually 35 minutes south of Corpus.

I could always go to San Antonio but I don't even know if that will be a good option. We probably wont leave. My parents are here and I know they wont leave, so we will stay with them.

I am not sure when exactly it is they will know when it's gonna hit...Normally I wouldn't care if it came here (I mean, I would, but I have already been through a few) but I so do not want to deliver now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users