May 2009 Brides
Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:15 PM
We started all over the place, and now we're quite convinced that we should do this on the Riviera Maya for a number of reasons : travel convenience and airfare to get there from Houston is the best, the color of the water and sand is the one I'm looking for (this ruled out Jamacia... for the wedding... I'll go there for vacation !), and it seems that the RM has the best choice of different places for all our guests constraints (they don't have the same budgets).
Starting from there and knowing that not all my guests will stay at the resort where the wedding will be (for either budget, taste or "children" constraints), I'm looking for a place that will 1. not be an AI (or AI optional only), 2. accept children for the big day, 3. not require me to fill the hotel partly or fully and 4. has a beach as I want the wedding to be on the beach. At the beginning I was looking at an AI place that would accept children but I soon realized this would not fly (day passes to pay for external guests, requirements to book a number of rooms, and not necessarily the kind of places I'm looking for).
Last but not least, I'm picky in the rooms decor and the food !! Ha ha ! I know why it took me so long to find my guy in the first place
And when finally I thought I knew what i wanted my TA advised me that I should be careful in going with vendors directly (instead of wholesellers or big hotel chains) because if anything happens to the hotel, you don't know what happens to your deposit... and to your wedding. Whereas with a wholeseller they will always relocate you. Which is kind of true ! Sometimes you need people to keep you realistic...
Well, having said all this this narrows it down pretty much !! It actually helps to put in writing
I am investigating a property now that seems to match the criteria... if it does not work I will look at Azul Beach and the other Azuls. They are my second choice because they are AI (and tow of them are actually not opened yet) but it looks like they meet my other criteria.
As you see, we're far from decided yet and any advise is welcome (specially, what places will accept a wedding to be held there, when the guests stay elsewhere. A non-hotel place could also work.)
I know this is the hardest part of the job, so I keep my hopes up !
Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:14 PM
- Got our passports (Received)
- Picked the date: May 8th, 2009
- Picked the location: Dreams Cancun
- Paid for the deposit 50% for Dreams Cancun
- Sent out STD's (June 1, 2008 )
- Ordered flowers from AA (PAID) will receive in April?
- Purchased wedding ring for me & FI will use his Grandpa's ring
- Put deposit down on room for FI & me for wedding stay and honeymoon
- Chosen BM and GM
- I have my invites on the go with RSVP Feb 2nd (Hitched Invites)
- Dress is ordered and will arrive Jan 16
- Shoes & purse purchased - DIY IDO and hearts on shoe bottom
- Something blue - panties (4 pairs to pick from so far)
- Garters (Received)
- Crystals & Starfish for my cake topper (DIY) waiting for supplies to come in
- Cake cutter & server (Received)
- Champagne flutes - not taking these to DW
- Wedding bubbles purchased on ebay
- Luggage tags & items to send an update to those who book purchased
- DIY Place cards, wedding matches, coasters ordered (2 starfish stamps, embossing and ink)
- CD's to make favor for guests
Left to do:
- Order a veil
- OOT bags for guests and stuff for BM & GM and ring bearer
- FI's attire TBA waiting till Feb/Mar to find Linen suits
- BM & GM attire
- Purchase flights and finish paying for room for wedding & honeymoon
- Table decor (candles, starfish & rose petals)
Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:17 PM
I'm a little emabrrased but I really need help figuring out how to upload a ticker. I've tried about 100 times in the "edit sig" section. Every time I try, I get an invalid file msg. I've tried copying and pasting the URL from various ticker sites many, many times. Of course, this makes me want a freaking ticker even more. Can anyone help me?!
Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:20 AM
Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:16 AM
Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:56 AM
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users