Photo

Reception

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 joscetta

joscetta
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:36 PM

I am wondering if anyone is having a reception back home after your wedding. I'm getting married April 23rd at Dreams and contemplating whether or not to have a big reception there, or to have just a small one and a bigger one back home. This would be for people who can't make it to Cabo. Ideas/suggestions?

#2 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
    • 456 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

Call me cold, but we're not having anything back home...it would cost us money that we'd rather put towards a house.
      If we had the $$ or someone was willing to pay for it, then we might consider it.
      Happy Planning!
      D & K
      October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#3 joscetta

joscetta
      • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:18 PM

Thanks! Thats what we were thinking too, but I just feel bad for those that can't come.

#4 abbygirl

abbygirl
        • 57 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

Hello!!
          We are having a reception when we get back from our DW. We plan to play our wedding video or a slideshow for the guests that couldn't make it. We are having a cocktail reception with horsd'oeuvres, dancing, etc.
          I hope this helps!! Good luck with everything!!

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

We are also not having anything when we get home.
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 amitchell

amitchell
            • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

We are not haviong anything once we get home but only because all of our guests so far can make it. The wedding we went to in May limited who they invited to the wedding in Cabo and then had a reception at home. They had it in their back yard with a huge tent, a floor for dancing and it catered but friends brought their i-pods for music to dance to. Hope that this helps.

#7 abbygirl

abbygirl
              • 57 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

Sassybride - We have booked a really nice banquet room at a very modern hotel back home. The reception location would be no different if we were having our reception in Ontario. We have decided to have a cocktail reception since we like the idea of that atmosphere. We will have servers walking around with hot appetizers, as well as have stations with crackers, cheese, etc. Its going to be really nice!!
                What are your plans? When are you having your wedding and what resort?

#8 Nicolem82580

Nicolem82580
                • 75 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

We dont have anything booked yet, but i have been thinking about what we would do as well. I mean the idea of having a dw is to have a beautiful wedding and not have to spend $20,000. I imagine if our guests cant make it that we would have something simple and casual when we came home. A backyard party would be all id want :)

#9 Erica053009

Erica053009
                  • 513 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

The point of us having a DW is that there are way too many people who we would have to invite to a wedding in NYC it would be probably 300 guest min. So the DW was so much more our personality small and intimate. So we decided not to have anything when we return home because then we would be back at our original problem. Also all the people we love and really want to share it with will be with us if they can't make it to Jamaica then we don't like you enough to plan and pay for another party I do commend the girls that can handle planning, paying and enjoying more then 1 event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users