Photo

Has anyone heard from Chandalyn @ Riu since Hurricane?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 msasfraz

msasfraz
  • 392 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Just wondering if anyone has had contact or responses from Chandalyn since hurricane hit a couple of days ago.... just wondering... i know right now isnt the best time but I may not have power for the next couple of days b/c Gustav is expected to hit Baton Rouge, LA this time tommorrow....

i just don't want to seem insensitve but i cannot pretend that im not concerned with my wedding, right?

#2 PinionGirl

PinionGirl
    • Banned
    • 59 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

With Gustav just hitting them, I'm sure she will take a little longer than normal to reply. Stay safe . . .

#3 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
      • Vendor
      • 336 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

If you want to check on Jamaica in general from those on the island, go to Caribbean Hurricane Network - stormCARIB.com - Local Reports on Tropical Systems threatening the Caribbean Islands and on the right hand side click on the Jamaica reports. People on island email in reports from there on damage and what is going on in the various areas and post photos.

That might help give you a bit of peace of mind before Gustav comes your way.

Stay safe and dry.

Krys

#4 FLgator

FLgator
        • 253 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

I received a call from a vendor in Ocho Rios this afternoon (not RIU), she said the north side of the island was hardly impacted by Gustav. She did say communication has been a bit of a mess though. That's all the info I have...hope it helps.

#5 chicklet

chicklet
          • 718 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:21 AM

I received an email from Tai Floral so everything must be ok. Email is working so thats a good sign. :)
            Gustav didn't get them too bad!!!
            Stay safe MsasFraz :)

#6 jcmoon

jcmoon
            • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

I am waiting too.
              I hope all is well.
              I bet she is just really busy.

#7 LOTTALUV92

LOTTALUV92
              • 56 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:41 PM

have your travel agent call chandlyn to see whats going on, its free for them to call, hope all is well in baton rouge my family is in new orleans, they all had to evacuate. dont worry everything should be fine

#8 chicklet

chicklet
                • 718 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:43 AM

I received an email from her this morning.
                  I had emailed a question plus asked her to let me know how the island and people were doing after Gustav. She said everything was fine.

#9 msasfraz

msasfraz
                  • 392 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

Hi ladies ..im back from Gustav hell!!!! we still don't have power at my house... using internet access at work.... i still have a million things to do before we leave in a few weeks.... im royally stressed.... hopefully no more hurricanes go to Jamaica or Louisiana so i can breathe a little....

#10 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by msasfraz
                      Hi ladies ..im back from Gustav hell!!!! we still don't have power at my house... using internet access at work.... i still have a million things to do before we leave in a few weeks.... im royally stressed.... hopefully no more hurricanes go to Jamaica or Louisiana so i can breathe a little....
                      Good to know that you're ok!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users