Shara1984
    • 345 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Great thread!

#53 Liann03

Liann03
      • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

P[quote name="JHarwood2Be" url="/t/28233/wording-for-guest-dress-code#post_711848"]This is what we used- "Dress code for the wedding is 'Beach Formal'. Dress for the elements (sun, sand, and water) He could wear: A summer suit with a linen shirt (no ties required), linen pants or khakis, and sandals. She could wear: A formal summer sundress at tea- or knee-length with flat sandals. "[/quotePerfect!

#54 Liann03

Liann03
        • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

We are going to put this on the "response card", instead of making it a formal card that they have to mail back. I was thinking "Beach Chic". I like adding "Dress for the elements - sand, sun and water" from JHarwood. this is what we put on our website (want to condense it for the invite though):

Quote:
          "Beach Chic" will be the clothing attire theme for our wedding! GIRLS: Think bright, bold colorful sundresses or skirt outfits. (our wedding colors are lime green, fuschia with maybe a hint of teal) GUYS: Linen Khaki Pants with a brightly colored shirt would be great. On your feet: NO HIGH HEELS! Girls, you will thank us later! The island is rocky (well, the part where you walk from the boat to the beach), so cute flip flops or sandals are perfect. You can always choose to kick them off if you'd like and go shoe-less! (This goes for guys and girls). Keep in mind that although we will be by the ocean, it will be HOT out there with no A/C or fans like most of us are used to. So make sure you are comfortable in your attire, as we'll probably be on the island about 5 hours or so. There will be plenty of bottled water provided to keep everyone hydrated.

I like this explanation!

#55 Liann03

Liann03
          • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

Ok so right out of the destination wedding bible it says...

• Black Tie Optional - This is if your wedding is formal
            • Formal Dress - dressy but not black tie
            • Cocktail Attire - he wears a suit or sport coat she wears a cocktail dress
            • Beach Formal - for an elegant beach wedding; it implies colorful semiformal dresses and summer suits
            • Beach Chic - sundresses & slacks and polos
            • Island Festive or Festive Attire - sundresses & island shirts slacks to shorts
            • Jacket Required - can be added to of the less formal dress codes if you would like men to not wear shorts and add a jacket [*]Flip Flops Required, Beach Casual, Sarong Style or Tropical Attire - flip flops paired with in-fomal but wedding appropriate wear like sundresses and khakis with white linen shirts. but be forewarned guess my end up in tshirts and shorts
            Now, I didn't know what half of these meant without the definition next to it so you can say the phrase on the invite and what it means to you or if you have a wedding website put the definition on there or if you are sending out a newsletter it can go there as well. Hop ethis helps

Great definitions! Totally using this! EVERYONE is asking me what to wear!

#56 KWandCM

KWandCM
            • 189 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Liann03 

Great definitions! Totally using this! EVERYONE is asking me what to wear!

I agree, these are super helpful and going on my website for sure! 

#57 Icis

Icis
              • 374 posts
              • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
              • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Things that I never thought of to include in my wedding...thank you. The info here will definitely come in handy

#58 flo628

flo628
              • 200 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Ok so right out of the destination wedding bible it says...

• Black Tie Optional - This is if your wedding is formal
              • Formal Dress - dressy but not black tie
              • Cocktail Attire - he wears a suit or sport coat she wears a cocktail dress
              • Beach Formal - for an elegant beach wedding; it implies colorful semiformal dresses and summer suits
              • Beach Chic - sundresses & slacks and polos
              • Island Festive or Festive Attire - sundresses & island shirts slacks to shorts
              • Jacket Required - can be added to of the less formal dress codes if you would like men to not wear shorts and add a jacket [*]Flip Flops Required, Beach Casual, Sarong Style or Tropical Attire - flip flops paired with in-fomal but wedding appropriate wear like sundresses and khakis with white linen shirts. but be forewarned guess my end up in tshirts and shorts
              Now, I didn't know what half of these meant without the definition next to it so you can say the phrase on the invite and what it means to you or if you have a wedding website put the definition on there or if you are sending out a newsletter it can go there as well. Hop ethis helps

Super helpful. Thanks!

#59 mvee1025

mvee1025
              • 155 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

thanks for all the details!

#60 ccawley79

ccawley79
                • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

Thank you for this thread! I've been trying to decide how to go about wording this on our website. Beach chic it is! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users