Husband? What?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

Our last name is gone now too. Me and my sis are both married and both changed our names. I was sad about it at first, but now it doesnt really seem like a big thing. Its still a part of me and always will be so its okay.

#12 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

It was weird the first time I was introduced as Mike's wife. I'd heard other people say it but it was different when he did.

#13 becks

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

It's funny. DH and I actually call one another "Husband" and "Wife". As in, "Hello, Husband, how was your day?" Always makes us laugh.

It still hasn't sunk in.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#14 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

OMG, my MOH's sister said it the other day "Where's your husband?" and I was like WHOAH... I guess it has to sink in!!

#15 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

That's like the first time Chris introduced me as his fiance. I got all giddy. I was like wow, he really does want to marry me!

#16 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

I've been married a little over a year so I've gotten used to referring Jay as my husband. I refer to him as my husband any time I get because i'm just so happy and proud to be married to him. I still feel all giddy and tingly when Jay refers to me as his wife in conversation or introduces me as his wife. It's funny that over the past year, I haven't been called Mrs. Lambert too many times. Over the summer, Jay had brain surgery. I just remember when I was called over to speak to the doctor after his surgery and they called out for "Mrs. Lambert" I just got a chill and it just felt like one of the most "grown up" moments of my life if that makes any sense.
            <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#17 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

Aw Karen, that's so sweet!

#18 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

He calls me that now lol I just keep telling him to shut up or i'll divorce him lmao I'm sure we are weird tho ha ha

#19 samanthag

• 896 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

My fiance had surgery on Monday. I went back with him before his surgery when they were putting the IV in and sat with him until it was time for them to take him back. Later I was in the waiting area when the doctor came out and yelled, "Mrs. Ortiz?" I stood up (I was the only one in the waiting area) and he said "your husband said I would find you out here."
                  Uhhhh.... yup the anesthesia is heavy in his system!!

I think I was still processing "wife & husband" instead of paying attention to what the doctor was saying!

#20 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by kacie3344
                    I know!!! I have 3 sisters who are all married with no brothers... so once I make the change, the family name will be lost with my parents. Have yall ever considered moving your maiden name as your middle name? I will love being Mrs. Satullo, but I'm weird about the family name disappearing.
                    I can understand that. My family name will be totally dead soon. And it's not a common last name in my province. Of my father's family, he was the only male to had kids, and his sisters had kids. So the family name is not going to be anymore and it does make me sad... unless I don't change the name...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users