Alternative to a bag for OOT gift?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

Hi ladies,
    I am not sure my guests will want a bag. I was wondering what to use instead of a bag to put a couple small object in. Any ideas? Carla

#2 catandcleo

catandcleo
    • 173 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

i saw on here someone is using collapsible boxes (i think they were called BLume boxes... will have to check). you could also consider just paper gift bags - perhaps stamped with your logo or something. i have seen that as well.

Depending on what you are including, say, if you are giving beach towels, you could consider wrapping the stuff IN the beach towel, if you could find a cute way to do it so it looks nice.

#3 catandcleo

catandcleo
      • 173 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

Here is where i saw the Blumeboxes... it's an old post, but there is a link to the site if you want to have a look.

http://bestdestinati....2-2#post155456

#4 SAM

SAM
        • 542 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

Check out Welcome to Ailana Kai for these cute bags abd boxes. I picked up a similar one when I was in Hawaii five years ago and I still have it. It was easy to pack.

My cousin bought towels with a logo on it and gave it to her guests. Another friend bought books on the destination "Frommer's" for her guests. She got a discount on Amazon as she purchased around 20.

#5 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

I think we are going to give underwater cameras, gift certificate for excursion and maybe one other small item... So I don't need anything large, just something to make a nice display.

#6 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

You may be able to find beachy, or tropical looking gift bags. (I know you are trying to avoid bags, but bright colored gift bags would be cute) I'll keep thinking.....

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

Would everything fit inside a travel mug or something like that? What about a collapsible cooler?

#8 volley7878

volley7878
                • 61 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

We are using the collapsible coolers. Found them for about $4 a piece.

#9 alishadawn20

alishadawn20
                  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

what about some kind of basket??

#10 jmill130

jmill130
                    • 601 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

I think you could use small colored lunch sack gift bags to fit a camera and small gifts in. You could stamp them or jazz them up if you want. I think they are 5 for 1.00 @ Wal*mart. They would be easy to pack and put together fast. Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users