#23 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:56 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by K&Rwedding
        Does anyone know the name of the club next door to Zoo, the one that has the really high ceiling and open walls.
        That is Mandala! Its in the Malecon. You will love it!

#24 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,490 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by amyh
          I didn't think the drinks were expensive, however I am from Los Angeles, so a drink here ranges between $9-$15 each. We got table service and it was worth it, again, I am comparing it to clubs here where table service is usually about $300 (only about $100 at Mandala).
          $100 for table service?! I think that is a good deal! (compared to the prices in the states)

Amy how many people were with you when you went to Mandala?

#25 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Andi
            $100 for table service?! I think that is a good deal! (compared to the prices in the states)

Amy how many people were with you when you went to Mandala?
            The first night, it was about 15, the second maybe about 30? I can't remember exactly. But the first night we had a better table, next to the dance floor, the second we were close to the back bar, but they don't open the window there and it was SO HOT! My suggestion, get a table towards the front of the club where the walls are open, or they have cute cabana type areas on the side.

Here are videos I found on Youtube YouTube - Mandala puerto vallarta YouTube - Mandala en puerto Vallarta Marzo 21 de 2008

#26 Nitnylyin1

Nitnylyin1
            • 89 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

I recommend staying from senor frog's and carlos o brien's...the touriust traps. They are overly priced, you pay a cover and then another hefty amount on top of that for a table. Some places have ladies'nights, check it out.

#27 lupearroyo

lupearroyo
              • 82 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by K&Rwedding
                Does anyone know the name of the club next door to Zoo, the one that has the really high ceiling and open walls.
                Is it Hilo?? This is the review I found on Foddors.com and it is right next to the Zoo.

Hilo attracts a mix of locals and visitors. It's mainly a young crowd, serving up house, techno, hip-hop, electronic, and Top 40. The ceiling is several stories high, and enormous bronze-colored statues give an epic feeling. It's open from 4 PM to 4 or 6 AM, but doesn't get rolling until midnight. The cover is $7-$10, or $30 with open bar.

#28 angiel

angiel
                • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

I would also suggest Andales in PV. I go there every time I'm there for a vacation and the staff is crazy and so nice. They treat you like they have known you for years, great music and reasonabley priced drinks (much cheaper than douwntown bars) The crowd, depending on the time or yea,r is very diverse in ages but everyone, even the 80 yr olds get crazy. there is not an official dance floor so everyone is dancing all over. its a very small place so if you are going during "high season" I suggest getting there early just to get a table.

#29 sstotz

sstotz
                  • 298 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

I cant remember the name of the place, but its a Cuba bar in downtown, and has the best mojitos and live music!! Check into that because I had SUCH a fun night there!! (sorry I forgot the name--its been a while!)
                    ~Soon to be Shanny May
                    June 20th, 2009
                    Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#30 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,490 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:25 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lupearroyo
                      Is it Hilo?? This is the review I found on Foddors.com and it is right next to the Zoo.

Hilo attracts a mix of locals and visitors. It's mainly a young crowd, serving up house, techno, hip-hop, electronic, and Top 40. The ceiling is several stories high, and enormous bronze-colored statues give an epic feeling. It's open from 4 PM to 4 or 6 AM, but doesn't get rolling until midnight. The cover is $7-$10, or $30 with open bar.
                      We went to PV last weekend for a quick site visit. the club next to the Zoo is actually Mandala. so they are right next to eachother. For us i think it is a good idea to go there and then if we don't like one we can easily walk next door to the other!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users