Photo

Grand Sunset Princess Resort

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1421 Northshoregurl

Northshoregurl
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hi does anyone have any info i should know before i get married at the GSP? i leave in 2 weeks! Ive noticed they try and hit you up left right center for everything extra you may want, so i want to choose wisely what we decide to spend our money on...real tight budget!

did anyone choose to have a private beach bar set up after the reception dinner?

we are having the dinner at la fondue and then would like to head to the beach for a couple hours to have some drinks and do some toasts...so private would be best. for 20 people they want $500 for this! when really we will probably just have a couple of drinks each.

Did anyone just do this themselves without a bar? Is it possible just to bring your own drinks down with you? would they supply glasses??

any info would be great!

Dana

#1422 FranksJewel

FranksJewel
    • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hi Dana-

I have the same questions. We are getting married there as well. How long are you there for? We arrive Nov. 17th. We also are using

La Fondu and have 20 guests (kids included) we decided as well that it was too pricy so we were going to do the drinks after dinner and then see the evening show.

How is planning?

I can't believe it's almost here!

Julie

11-21-2012

#1423 Northshoregurl

Northshoregurl
      • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hey!

Our wedding is Nov 9th, in 2 weeks! i will let you know how everything went and ill let you know about la fondue, that is where we are having our dinner too. its from 6-730pm.

maybe just send me your email address??

we are going to go with the private cocktail reception on the beach from 8-10pm after dinner, they are charging us $25 per person. They set up cocktail tables and chairs and a bar so i think it worth the $500. I dont think the DJ for $650 is worth it. Plus, what kind of music do they play? We are going to make our own playlist and bring a speaker dock.

do you know what time the evening show is?

we have 27 people and 2 kids.

Cheers!

Dana

#1424 Brandie28

Brandie28
        • 40 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Dana! We are also getting married November 9th here!

#1425 FranksJewel

FranksJewel
          • 36 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hi Dana-

I'm so excited for you!

I sent you my email address so let me know if you get it. That would be so great to hear how everything goes. I'm sure it will be PERFECT!

What day are you leaving to come home? We arrive on the 17th.

I would go with the speaker dock and your own music too that way you can be in control!

I believe the show is at 9:30. They have a "kids dance" each night at 8:30 and then the shows are after.

Your beach reception after is sounding so perfect...think I may have to hit the fiance up on that one :-)

Who is your WC? Ours is Emma and she has been wonderful.

Did you do OOT bags?

Julie

11-21-2012

#1426 FranksJewel

FranksJewel
            • 36 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Wow ladies-

It looks like we are all in the home stretch. It's too bad our trips all didn't overlap by even just one day so we could meet.

What will we do with all our time in December ? LOL

Julie

11-21-2012

#1427 flloyd75

flloyd75
              • 18 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

We arrive in december 9 and get married on the 11. We will be there till the 19th, does that overlap with anyone?

Attached Files

#1428 Northshoregurl

Northshoregurl
                • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hey Julie!

what are OOT bags?

we leave on Nov 14th so will just miss you. Our WC is Jacqueline and she has been very good as well.

Thanks for the Info on the shows, im glad the have something for kids :)

I got your email address, I will send you pics and info when we get back!

Dana

#1429 Northshoregurl

Northshoregurl
                  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

No way!!

Our ceremony is in the riviera gazebo at 3pm. Is yours at the chill out or on the beach?

We are then having our dinner at la fondue and having a cocktail reception on the beach! are you guys doing this too?

we will have to meet up and have a drink!

Dana

#1430 takelly

takelly
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 62 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi Shelbi,

The gazebos are located behind each of their respective platnium suites located on the far right side of your map.  The Chill Out is located behind the Platnium Sunset side.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by shelbi 

Can someone who has been to this resort before please show me where the riviera gazebo and chill out club is located on this map? I'm just making up a newsletter type thing for my guest bags and want to include all the important places they need to be clearly marked off.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users