Jump to content

Photo

Grand Sunset Princess Resort


  • Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1001 VancityBride

VancityBride
  • Jr. Member
  • 152 posts

    Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:52 AM



    Yes, your right..I know that it will all work out and everything will be great. I think that we al ljust get so stressed because we have no control over anything because its in Mexico. I know that there might be a few bumps along the way and even when we get there, but at the end of the day its going to be wonderful.  For my decorations I have an outside vendor doing my flowers and decorating the receprtion for me, and she isnt too badly priced. You just send her your vison of what your looking for and she will give you a quote. I had a gf of mine use her for her decorations and she said she was wonderful. Just a thought instead of you guys bringing everything down yourselfs. Im also trying to have a welcome dinner night and use our dinner that is included in our weding package, but i was just told that ne more that 50 pp we cant do it, so now im thinking of using it the night before the wedding as a rehearsal dinner for the bride party and family, and this way the other guests wont feel too left out. Where are you having your cocktail hour?

    Originally Posted by hermi88 

    Thats pretty much all the info we gave them. I was also told that the DJ would play your Ipod music.

     

    Everyone always says in this forum that they go their stressed but everything turns out good. We arent stressed out at all. Just kind of asking questions as we go. The bridesmaid dresses are yellow so we wanted to have some sort of yellow decoration to go with it and they said they dont have it so they suggested that we should bring our own stuff. Glad that came up



     



    #1002 kasiab

    kasiab
    • Newbie
    • 42 posts

      Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

      Ok so i just spoke to emma. I think she is prob the best one so far and i hope she knows what she is talking about bc i dont want to get charged extra. We decided on the beach reception for 31 people...85 per person with open bar...cake is not included it is extra 140...dj...832. told her that we dont want to pay for the extra champagne and she said that is fine. She also told me that to have the ceremony on the beach it is extra!!! so she said that she will send me prices. Is everyone getting married in the gazebo? anyone opting for the yuppa?



      #1003 ChristaMichelle

      ChristaMichelle
      • Site Supporter
      • 24 posts

        Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

        Hi Danielle, 

         

        Who are you using for your decorations and flowers. I really don't like the options that the resort has. May I ask how much they are charging and whether or not the resort is charging you extra for having an outside vendor come in. My wedding is in 7 weeks and I need to start figuring these things out. HELP!! 
         

        Originally Posted by VancityBride 



        Yes, your right..I know that it will all work out and everything will be great. I think that we al ljust get so stressed because we have no control over anything because its in Mexico. I know that there might be a few bumps along the way and even when we get there, but at the end of the day its going to be wonderful.  For my decorations I have an outside vendor doing my flowers and decorating the receprtion for me, and she isnt too badly priced. You just send her your vison of what your looking for and she will give you a quote. I had a gf of mine use her for her decorations and she said she was wonderful. Just a thought instead of you guys bringing everything down yourselfs. Im also trying to have a welcome dinner night and use our dinner that is included in our weding package, but i was just told that ne more that 50 pp we cant do it, so now im thinking of using it the night before the wedding as a rehearsal dinner for the bride party and family, and this way the other guests wont feel too left out. Where are you having your cocktail hour?



         



         



        #1004 ChristaMichelle

        ChristaMichelle
        • Site Supporter
        • 24 posts

          Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

          Hi Samantha, 

           

          I am just starting to figure out all these details. What are you doing for flowers and decorations? I am just finishing my ceremony script so I can do up my programs. What colors are you using, I am using navy blue and fusia. I just picked up some table runners and chair sashes for 60.00, it was a great deal. Things are starting to come together. Going to order my cake topper soon. Ordered my favors, I am using personalized stemless wineglasses and having them shipped to the resort. I just hope they get there ok and don't get lost. Has anyone else heard of doing this?? Sam, who are you using to ship your wedding dress??? I feel so lost these days and I think I'm falling behind. I can't believe how fast time is going. Good luck, hope to see you there. 



          #1005 samcalv1

          samcalv1
          • Jr. Member
          • 300 posts

            Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:08 AM

            Hi hun - You don't sound lost you sound organised!!!!!  For flowers I have picked from the resort and they decorate the gazebo with the same flowers.... My colour is topaz blue - more like turqoise.....  For favours I have ordered personalised fans for the women and thinking of hankerchiefs for the men.. Also ordered little blue boxes with silver chocolate harts inside.... We are only having a small wedding out in Mexico having a party when we get back... For my dress I have ordered a box (with a handle) from lifememoriesbox.co.uk it's sized for hand luggage and they decorate it in your wedding colours and also personalise it with your name, wedding date and resort,  It looks fab.... Don't know if they deliver outside the UK though....
             

            Definately hope to see you there.... Can't believe how quickly time is going...... x


             

            Originally Posted by ChristaMichelle 

            Hi Samantha, 

             

            I am just starting to figure out all these details. What are you doing for flowers and decorations? I am just finishing my ceremony script so I can do up my programs. What colors are you using, I am using navy blue and fusia. I just picked up some table runners and chair sashes for 60.00, it was a great deal. Things are starting to come together. Going to order my cake topper soon. Ordered my favors, I am using personalized stemless wineglasses and having them shipped to the resort. I just hope they get there ok and don't get lost. Has anyone else heard of doing this?? Sam, who are you using to ship your wedding dress??? I feel so lost these days and I think I'm falling behind. I can't believe how fast time is going. Good luck, hope to see you there. 



             



            #1006 emily13

            emily13
            • Newbie
            • 2 posts

              Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

              Hi Ladies,

               

              My fiance and I are currently still in the process of deciding on a resort for our DW for June 2012, but are pretty sold on GSP so far. I have the PDF with all of the wedding package descriptions and costs, but I am wondering if anyone has a more comprehensive list of additional costs that they could send me. (ie. how much do they charge for add ons such as DJ, flowers, decorations) As well, how flexible are they with the time of day that you can have your wedding ceremony? I would really like to do a sunset ceremony, but I am worried that they only book weddings at specific times. Any info that you could pass along on this would be greatly appreciated.

               

              Thanks so much!

               

              Emily



              #1007 emily13

              emily13
              • Newbie
              • 2 posts

                Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

                Hi Ladies,

                 

                My fiance and I are currently still in the process of deciding on a resort for our DW for June 2012, but are pretty sold on GSP so far. I have the PDF with all of the wedding package descriptions and costs, but I am wondering if anyone has a more comprehensive list of additional costs that they could send me. (ie. how much do they charge for add ons such as DJ, flowers, decorations) As well, how flexible are they with the time of day that you can have your wedding ceremony? I would really like to do a sunset ceremony, but I am worried that they only book weddings at specific times. Any info that you could pass along on this would be greatly appreciated.

                 

                Thanks so much!

                 

                Emily



                #1008 VancityBride

                VancityBride
                • Jr. Member
                • 152 posts

                  Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:43 AM



                  I am using flowers by julieta. I felt the same way with using the resorts decor. They dont really have much. Julieta is actually not to badly priced. I am getting her to decorate 6 tables and the head table with the vases, (flowers in water) centerpeices and candles and lighting up under each table to give it a romatic feel in the room, she is also doing my flowers and the BM and the groomsman boutonniers and she is charging about $1000. So you just tell her your vison of what you want and she will give you a quote. I had a friend use her and she said that she was great. Her email is:

                  Hi Danielle, 

                   

                  Who are you using for your decorations and flowers. I really don't like the options that the resort has. May I ask how much they are charging and whether or not the resort is charging you extra for having an outside vendor come in. My wedding is in 7 weeks and I need to start figuring these things out. HELP!! 
                   



                   



                   



                  #1009 VancityBride

                  VancityBride
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 152 posts

                    Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:46 AM



                    Hii.. So you spoke to Emma. did u talk to her on the phone?? or through email?  Did she metion if she is trrying to get in touch with each bride. I still havent heard anything :(  

                    Are you not using one of there packages? Or are you just doing your own thing...

                    Originally Posted by kasiab 

                    Ok so i just spoke to emma. I think she is prob the best one so far and i hope she knows what she is talking about bc i dont want to get charged extra. We decided on the beach reception for 31 people...85 per person with open bar...cake is not included it is extra 140...dj...832. told her that we dont want to pay for the extra champagne and she said that is fine. She also told me that to have the ceremony on the beach it is extra!!! so she said that she will send me prices. Is everyone getting married in the gazebo? anyone opting for the yuppa?



                     



                    #1010 kasiab

                    kasiab
                    • Newbie
                    • 42 posts

                      Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

                      no im doing the princess package. I called on my own. I had a ton of questions. So after i spoke to her she then emailed me and said she was confused. I have not heard from her since and am getting very nervous about how this will turn out. I am hoping that when i get to the resort we talk about everything and they do everything last minute i dont know. So for those having there wedding soon. Please come back and let us know how it all went. I am getting married in 3 weeks and dont even have a contract written up!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users