Jump to content


Glass transfer paper???

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrsWtobe

  • Newbie
  • 56 posts

    Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

    Probably a really stupid question---but I would like to do shot glasses with the monogram we got from aylee. I know there is transfer paper for fabrics and that, but is there something similar for glass? I haven't really looked into this, but thought someone here would have an answer!

    #2 LCBride2007


      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

      Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:54 PM

      i think i've seen some crafty home decorating shows (like design on a dime or trading spaces) do an etching type project where they did their own designs. but beyond that, i have no idea!

      #3 -Kate-

      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

        Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:55 PM

        I know there is something - search for etching paper. That might be what it's called.

        #4 MERRYME

        • Jr. Member
        • 324 posts

          Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:54 PM

          I think there is etching spray. You mask off negative spaces - say you want clear polka dots on your glass- place any kind of round stickers on the glass and then spray. Anything that isn't covered by the stickers will film over.

          Might be really cute with several sizes of circles. or even squares.
          Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
          22nd of December 2006

          #5 lambert13

          • Member
          • 901 posts

            Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:30 PM

            Can you post a sample of your monogram? Depending on how detailed it is, you might be able to create a 1 or 2 layer stencil and use acrylic paint that is formulated for painting on glass. One color would be fairly simple, but 2 or more colors could be pretty difficult.

            #6 TATrisha


              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 12,381 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
            • LocationWisconsin

            Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:51 AM

            I've never used it, so I don't know if it works, but I think what youneed is water slide decal paper. Here is a website where it talks about it.
            DecalPaper.com - Decals - Waterslide decal paper or inkjet,laser printers Alps & copiers

            I think it says 20 sheets for $14.95. And of course you can print A LOT of votive sized monograms with a single sheet of paper.

            Good luck!


            Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
            www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

            Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

            Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

            #7 saraece

            • Jr. Member
            • 289 posts

              Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

              I know there is a paint/spray at Michael' Craft store. I got a shot glass at a wedding and she put their name and the date on it then baked it to allow it to set. I think it is great idea.
              Like our first kiss all over again

              #8 -Kate-

              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

                Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

                I was thinking of etching spray, not paper. You could just do a stencil of your new last initial with the spray.

                #9 MrsWtobe

                • Newbie
                • 56 posts

                  Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

                  Thanks so much for all the help guys! I have my 40% coupon so I'll have to get to Michael's this week....thanks again!

                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users