Photo

organza for beach chairs question?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 DGG

DGG
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

I have a question for those of you who brought the chair sashes down - Did you pack them in your luggage? If so, about how heavy were they?
    I'd need about 50, so I don't want to go over-weight on my baggage - I can divide them up if I need to, but I want to know if this is reasonable...
    Also, did anyone order chair covers from them? I'm guessing they're a lot heavier..

#22 endlesslove

endlesslove
    • 362 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:07 AM

I purchased about 60 sashes from Wedding Linens Direct. So in total I have 6 packages which are VERY light. I was really surprised. I would say 60 weight less than 2-3 pounds. I would keep them in the bag they come in if you do buy from them. They're really flat and easy to store that way.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DGG
      I have a question for those of you who brought the chair sashes down - Did you pack them in your luggage? If so, about how heavy were they?
      I'd need about 50, so I don't want to go over-weight on my baggage - I can divide them up if I need to, but I want to know if this is reasonable...
      Also, did anyone order chair covers from them? I'm guessing they're a lot heavier..

#23 DGG

DGG
      • 275 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

I emailed the company and they sent me a response saying 50 chair covers will weight about 30 pounds - in case anyone else is interested :)

#24 bumbles

bumbles
        • 574 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

Thanks for sharing the weight -- very helpful!

#25 divadivine25

divadivine25
          • 427 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

Does anyone have any pictures of chair covers that they purchased from this site for the wedding?
            The ROR charges 12 bucks a chair so this is saving me almost half even if I buy both the sash and cover, but does anyone know if the RIU charges for just the cover and not the sash?

#26 Simistar

Simistar
            • 645 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by divadivine25
              Does anyone have any pictures of chair covers that they purchased from this site for the wedding?
              ?
              Hey there,

I posted a pic in this thread...it's in the first post...
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t34428

Hope this helps:-)

#27 egsarah

egsarah
              • 355 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for posting this!! My resort charges $4 per chair bow and $30 for overlays!! This should save me a bundle!!

#28 sarah310

sarah310
                • 172 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hey! for those that ordered from WeddingLinensDirect.com -- did the color you received look like the color online? I can't decide between aqua, turquoise, blue, or teal!

#29 Simistar

Simistar
                  • 645 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sarah310
                    Hey! for those that ordered from WeddingLinensDirect.com -- did the color you received look like the color online? I can't decide between aqua, turquoise, blue, or teal!
                    I ordered the aqua and it was a actually pretty much exactly the same as on the website! I actually ordered the aqua thinking it would be a bit less green, more blue than on the website, but they looked pretty spot-on to the colour as advertised!

So, if you want the sashes to be a bit more blue than green, go with the turquoise... If you want them to be leaning more towards a tiffany blue i.e. greener) than go aqua.

Does this make any sense?? :-)

#30 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                    • 5,466 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

My gf ordered her tulle for her chairs from here:
                      Tulle

she got the 6 inch tulle in fuschia and got three rolls (300yrds) and the wedding coordinator at dreams tulum did everything for her. IT looked awesome and was super cheap. Thats the route im going!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users