Photo

MAC compute users-Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 luckygirl

luckygirl
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

I was hoping there were some BDWers who could help me decide which software to purchase for my macbook. I'm a now full time student
    and 3 online classes + one I attend in person. I have a macbook and a dell xps desktop. I want to get software that will make things easier for me when I am up late at night on my laptop doing schoolwork so I don't have to use my pc and disturb my FI while he's sleeping, and emailing files to my desktop is not convenient and causes me more time to edit. So, which software would you get..Pages or 2008 Microsoft office for MACs? Plus, I would love to be able to do cool things like on MS Publisher for which I'm using a trial run on my PC.

Hopefully someone can help...Thanks!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

honestly, you need both microsoft office (for regular stuff) and pages (for the amped up cool stuff like MS publisher does).

#3 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

I just have MS Office on mine. You'll be able to take advantage of the student discount if you are a FT student so you might want to get both.
      Michelle

#4 teacherbride

teacherbride
      • 354 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

I really like office as well. My computer is loaned to me through my school so I really don't have a choice in software. What I am missing is a good photo editing tool, photoshop is super handy if you use a digital camera at all.

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

Office for sure - you'll never realize how much you use Microsoft stuff until you don't have it anymore!

#6 luckygirl

luckygirl
          • 339 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Maura
            honestly, you need both microsoft office (for regular stuff) and pages (for the amped up cool stuff like MS publisher does).
            Yikes, I was afraid of that! Ihave the entry level laptop, I hope I have enough memory. I'm only literate in websurfing...LOL
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by beachbride08
            I just have MS Office on mine. You'll be able to take advantage of the student discount if you are a FT student so you might want to get both.
            The discount rocks, I received 10% off my macbook!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by teacherbride
            I really like office as well. My computer is loaned to me through my school so I really don't have a choice in software. What I am missing is a good photo editing tool, photoshop is super handy if you use a digital camera at all.
            Thanks. I'll have to keep that in mind since I have pics I will want to adjust after the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users