Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#561 AlliMay

AlliMay
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

Good Luck lyales!! Have a wonderful wedding and safe travels!

#562 Elizabeth

Elizabeth
    • 100 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

I just got an email from Jacy stating they do allow boxes to be sent to the resort in advance. They recommend it being 1 month prior. I am definitely doing this with our favors. Here is the info she sent:

Attached Files

Elizabeth

#563 Jesdinan

Jesdinan
      • 48 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Blkatz
        When I was there they had some movies on the beach and it was right in front of the activity pool on the beach.
        Hope that helps
        Thanks for the info. It actually helps a lot!

#564 Jesdinan

Jesdinan
        • 48 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lyales
          Hi Ladies....

I just wanted to say goodbye I'm off tomorrow to Dreams for my wedding!!! I will have my computer but won't promise that I will get on =). I of course will tell you all everything once I get back. Talk to you soon.
          Good Luck and Congratulations! So exciting!

#565 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
          • 479 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Does anyone know anything about the availability of chair covers at DPA? I have bought my own sashes by am not sure if I need to also buy my own chair covers. I want to cover the chairs in the gazebo for our ceremony. Do they have these to use or rent? If I buy, I suppose I will need to know the size of the chairs? I am sending an email to Jacy to ask but sometimes takes a while to get a response. This board always seems to have quick great response.
            TIA

#566 Jesdinan

Jesdinan
            • 48 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by marryinghimagain
              Does anyone know anything about the availability of chair covers at DPA? I have bought my own sashes by am not sure if I need to also buy my own chair covers. I want to cover the chairs in the gazebo for our ceremony. Do they have these to use or rent? If I buy, I suppose I will need to know the size of the chairs? I am sending an email to Jacy to ask but sometimes takes a while to get a response. This board always seems to have quick great response.
              TIA
              They do have white chair covers there. The covers are included with the Ultimate package. I am unsure about the other packages. Since the package only covers twenty people, I imagine there will be an additional cost for every chair cover over twenty, though!

#567 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
              • 479 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=Jesdinan;704877]They do have white chair covers there. The covers are included with the Ultimate package. I am unsure about the other packages. Since the package only covers twenty people, I imagine there will be an additional cost for every chair cover over twenty, though![/QUOTE

Thank you for your response!

#568 Bianca

Bianca
                • 1,057 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

Some pics from a wedding about a week ago... The reception is in the banquet hall... I dont think I'm feeling it. Doesn't look like they did much to decorate either.

Click the image to open in full size.
                  19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                  http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#569 RoryS

RoryS
                  • 230 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

We ordered 2 bolts of tulle (40 yds/each). How would you go about decorating the gazebo? Just the front posts? Do you think we have enough to drape across the top beam and down the sides?

#570 aaronsgirl

aaronsgirl
                    • 134 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

I am also very curious how everyone is going to decorate the gazebo. I would like to drape fabric over the middle top post the down the sides to kind of replicate the beach arch i showed iin an earlier post. Not sure how much fabric I would need though. Bianca did a great calculation for havingt fabric across the ceiling and said it would take maybe 5o yards for a piece from each corner to the center.
                      Here is a pic that sort of shows what I mean, but I would use white shear fabric and gather the white lanterns in the middle, then use blue LED ligts so at night they are blue...

http://weddings.thek....3&pageIndex=22

Also, is anyone doing chinese lanterns in the gazebo? Are you using battery operated LED lights? I wanted to do this but then I wondered how to turn them on after they are hung. I wouldnt want them on during the day, but later in the evening(we are having our dinner reception in gazebo). Any ideas, experiences with this??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users