Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#531 RoryS

RoryS
  • Jr. Member
  • 230 posts

    Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

    My niece's wedding ceremony is at 5 p.m. in the gazebo. It will probably be about 20 minutes or so. It's a symbolic ceremony. Then, following up with cocktail hour by the Lagoon. She picked the Ultimate package and has 40 guests, so is paying an additional amount for 20 people.
    The reception will be at the Adult Pool area, with 5 tables set up. She is renting the speakers and using her i-Pod for music. I'm hoping people will dance (with no one "falling" into the pool).
    I imagine that'll go to around 10:30 p.m. and then head off to Desires for some dancing.

    #532 Bianca

    Bianca
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,057 posts

      Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

      AlliMay- I thought you couldn't make reservations to the restaurants for groups larger than 8. I think I read it in the guide and Jacy made some comment about it, bc I wanted to do my dinner in a restaurant.

      RoryS- I think you asked about the tables? I know I asked Jacy about it and I thought she gave me measurements, but I couldn't find it. All she said was that they are round. I need to look again, bc I swear she gave me some numbers that I couldn't decipher.
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

      http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

      #533 Bianca

      Bianca
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,057 posts

        Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

        Quote from the email regarding the restaurants, still cant find those numbers.

        "I also would like to inform you that for any of the restaurants more than 8 people will be considered as a group. For bigger groups the dinner should be at our Banquet room or beach."
        19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
        http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

        http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

        #534 AlliMay

        AlliMay
        • Newbie
        • 71 posts

          Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Bianca
          Quote from the email regarding the restaurants, still cant find those numbers.

          "I also would like to inform you that for any of the restaurants more than 8 people will be considered as a group. For bigger groups the dinner should be at our Banquet room or beach."
          Hi Bianca,

          Yes...I noted the same thing in the wedding guide and from previous posts on this forum. Also, DPA doesn't do reservations, from what I can tell. Right now (again, this may change as we get closer to the wedding and/or I begin to sweat the details), we will just split our group into separate groups of 6 or 8 for dinner - friends, my family, his family, us with our attendants. I am not super concerned that we all be sat right next to each other, just that we be in the same restaurant.

          Do you think that the resort will allow this? I don't see how this would violate any policy, since we are not requesting group seating...would be the same as if we all came separately. We may not all get seated at the same time, but I would think that it could be close to the same time, etc.

          Let me know what you think!!

          #535 AlliMay

          AlliMay
          • Newbie
          • 71 posts

            Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

            Forgot to add that dinner will really just be for us to eat, because we are doing all the group wedding-y things right after the ceremony - toasts, cake cutting, etc.

            #536 RoryS

            RoryS
            • Jr. Member
            • 230 posts

              Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Bianca
              AlliMay- I thought you couldn't make reservations to the restaurants for groups larger than 8. I think I read it in the guide and Jacy made some comment about it, bc I wanted to do my dinner in a restaurant.

              RoryS- I think you asked about the tables? I know I asked Jacy about it and I thought she gave me measurements, but I couldn't find it. All she said was that they are round. I need to look again, bc I swear she gave me some numbers that I couldn't decipher.
              Yes, Jacy quoted the tables in metric, so we had to do the conversion. Near as we can figure - they are 5' round tables, which she said seats 8-10 and she wanted to do 10 per table. My niece said, that is going to be too crowded, so we're going with 8 per table. It' means an extra centerpiece (which Jacy quoted at $40/per) - not bad...

              #537 Bianca

              Bianca
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,057 posts

                Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

                I can see them trying to be picky bc they want to make money. We are going to do something similar for our rehearsal dinner, but at the World Cafe.
                19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

                http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

                #538 RoryS

                RoryS
                • Jr. Member
                • 230 posts

                  Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

                  speaking of money... do you know if you have to pay to rent the speakers for your i-pod 2 times? Once to use at the ceremony and again at the reception?

                  #539 Jesdinan

                  Jesdinan
                  • Newbie
                  • 48 posts

                    Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AlliMay
                    Hi Bianca,

                    Yes...I noted the same thing in the wedding guide and from previous posts on this forum. Also, DPA doesn't do reservations, from what I can tell. Right now (again, this may change as we get closer to the wedding and/or I begin to sweat the details), we will just split our group into separate groups of 6 or 8 for dinner - friends, my family, his family, us with our attendants. I am not super concerned that we all be sat right next to each other, just that we be in the same restaurant.

                    Do you think that the resort will allow this? I don't see how this would violate any policy, since we are not requesting group seating...would be the same as if we all came separately. We may not all get seated at the same time, but I would think that it could be close to the same time, etc.

                    Let me know what you think!!
                    I think they probably will allow it. I don't see why not. When my cousin got married in Jamaica, it was the resort's "policy" to not to seat groups of more than eight people. But when twenty of us showed up at the Restaurant at the same time, they just moved some tables around and let us all sit together. I know it wasn't a Dreams resort but I have a feeling that resorts have a lot of "policies" about what you can and can't do but once you are there, they will do what they can for you. I could be wrong though!

                    #540 2010wedding

                    2010wedding
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 203 posts

                      Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

                      Hi all-
                      If you are having one of the gold/silver wedding dinners don't they have to sit you together??
                      Also, I read somewhere (maybe Dreams Tulum) that you could ask the "mexican trio" to play songs of your choice if you get the Ultimate wedding package. Has anyone else heard that? Good question about the i-pod..I was just going to bring my own i-pod docking system.

                      Janna




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users