Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2841 ChelseyB

ChelseyB
  • Newbie
  • 37 posts

    Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

    Originally Posted by Candi16 

    Does anyone have any comments/suggestions on eating at the restaurants with your "group"? I know they say it's a bonus not to worry about making reservations but that being said, I dont want to have to wait an hour for a table or even possibly be turned away. I would like to do either a Welcome Dinner or Rehearsal Dinner with my group of 40 guests but don't feel like I should have to pay more since this is already all inclusive resort. I just want to be able to be accommodated by the restaurant staff. I've been to DW as a guest before and the other resorts were able to do this just fine since they took reservations. I emailed Jacki the WC and her only suggestion was eat at the buffet. For anyone who already stayed here was finding a restaurant to accommodate you and your group (any size) difficult at dinner time?

    This was actually one of my few complaints about this resort.  the resort is smaller and they just could not handle larger groups at dinner. and when i say larger groups, i mean 8 people or more.  we often times would go into a restaurant with 8 or more and would end up sitting at 3 different tables right next to one another because they wouldn't even allow us to scoot the tables together. Another night we did just end up eating int eh buffet.  It was fine and the food was decent, but not as good as the other restaurants.  Also, they won't seat a large group all at once even if there are lots of tables, because they don't want to overload the kitchen. they want to stagger the seating. 

     

    My group did actually pay to have a private area and big table for 21 people one night. the cost was not horrible, but i understand not wanting to pay for dinner when its already included.  This was the only option to have all 21 of us together. 

     

    Also one more key piece of advice. the restaurants get very full around 7 pm.  if your group all went to the same restaurant at 5pm then you may be way more likely to all be in the same restaurant, but again they may stagger seating you so they aren't slammed with 40 people all at once.  its hard to actually get a table immediately at one of the restaurants at 7, so just avoid that time. 

     

    good luck!



    #2842 Wedding Dj In Cancun

    Wedding Dj In Cancun
    • Vendor
    • 92 posts

      Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

      Hi Brides to be

      Here are a couple pic's of our last wedding @ DPA Happy Planning, For Picing info@discomovilcancun.com

      AppleMark

      AppleMark



      #2843 Candi16

      Candi16
      • Newbie
      • 14 posts

        Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ChelseyB 

        This was actually one of my few complaints about this resort.  the resort is smaller and they just could not handle larger groups at dinner. and when i say larger groups, i mean 8 people or more.  we often times would go into a restaurant with 8 or more and would end up sitting at 3 different tables right next to one another because they wouldn't even allow us to scoot the tables together. Another night we did just end up eating int eh buffet.  It was fine and the food was decent, but not as good as the other restaurants.  Also, they won't seat a large group all at once even if there are lots of tables, because they don't want to overload the kitchen. they want to stagger the seating. 

         

        My group did actually pay to have a private area and big table for 21 people one night. the cost was not horrible, but i understand not wanting to pay for dinner when its already included.  This was the only option to have all 21 of us together. 

         

        Also one more key piece of advice. the restaurants get very full around 7 pm.  if your group all went to the same restaurant at 5pm then you may be way more likely to all be in the same restaurant, but again they may stagger seating you so they aren't slammed with 40 people all at once.  its hard to actually get a table immediately at one of the restaurants at 7, so just avoid that time. 

         

        good luck!

         

        Thanks ChelseyB, that info definitely helps with my expectations. I'm a bit bummed by this but if that's one of the few negatives you have about the resort I guess I can live with that!!

        #2844 missirene2014

        missirene2014
        • Newbie
        • 1 posts

          Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

          Hello Everyone,

           

          I'm new to this thread. I just booked my wedding on November 21, 2014. I am really excited and wanted to ask if anyone had planned to get married on the beach with the canopy and how private is this. I had seen it looked like it was off to the side near the lagoon. I was hoping there wouldnt be as much traffic in this area as at the main beach.

           

          Also does anyone have photos of the centerpiece and cake options that come in the love package.

           

          Please send to missirene@live.ca.

           

          Thanks ladies and congrats to everyone.



          #2845 sherryro13

          sherryro13
          • Newbie
          • 17 posts

            Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

            Originally Posted by ChelseyB 

             

            the other big reason i really am glad i went with El Patio versus the beach is that the lighting at El Patio was soo perfect for an evening party.  the lighting at the beach wedding we saw was bright white lights.  it was not romantic to me at all, while the lighting at El Patio was perfect.  Not one of us was hot at the reception because it cools off in the evenings and wind was blowing through el patio because they have big windows that open and our wedding was also in May, so AC was not needed at El Patio.  Personally i would choose any other location besides the beach if you can.  I figured that if we were going to have it at the beach then we wer going to have to get the dance floor which pretty much costs the same as reserving El Patio, so the money all worked out the same to me. 

             

            i used the hair and makeup person.  i thought she did a great job.  i got soooo many compliments on my hair and it did look better than most wedding hair i have experienced being in other weddings.  the only complaint i had was that they used some really really strong hairspray that made me kind of feel like i was wearing a helmet.  my husbands hair on the other hand was blowing in the wind.  iw ish my hair had been a bit more natural feeling and not so pasted into place.  i should have just told her to use a bit less hairspray. otherwise very happy .  maybe you can view the pictures from our wedding. sorry we don't have any from teh reception on here. http://krug.dreamspuertoadventuras.adventurephotos.com.mx/


            I was curious if you went with the dj or if you simply rented the sound system from El Patio?  I was quoted $300USD to rent the soundsystem for the evening or we could hire the dj for $220/hr.  I was thinking it would be possible to bring our Ipod ad dock and simply use the existing restaurant speakers etc without an additional cost.  Guess this isnt the case.

             

            Do you have any other tips you could give?  Did you have an MC or did things seem to flow seemlessly without?

             

            Thanks

            Sherryro



            #2846 ChelseyB

            ChelseyB
            • Newbie
            • 37 posts

              Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

              Originally Posted by sherryro13 


              I was curious if you went with the dj or if you simply rented the sound system from El Patio?  I was quoted $300USD to rent the soundsystem for the evening or we could hire the dj for $220/hr.  I was thinking it would be possible to bring our Ipod ad dock and simply use the existing restaurant speakers etc without an additional cost.  Guess this isnt the case.

               

              Do you have any other tips you could give?  Did you have an MC or did things seem to flow seemlessly without?

               

              Thanks

              Sherryro

              hmmm we weren't charged to just plug in our ipod, so possibly we got a different wedding package than you are getting?  we got the silver/middle package (i can't remember what they called it at the resort).  we definitely just plugged in our ipod and it worked fine. 

              chelsey



              #2847 sherryro13

              sherryro13
              • Newbie
              • 17 posts

                Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

                thanks Chelsey, yes it is the same package the Silver (Dreams of Love package).

                Was it loud enough for the dinner/dance?  I may just take my chances.  Jacki told me I had to rent the sound system for $300.



                #2848 jrack

                jrack
                • Jr. Member
                • 235 posts

                  Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sherryro13 
                   

                  thanks Chelsey, yes it is the same package the Silver (Dreams of Love package).

                  Was it loud enough for the dinner/dance?  I may just take my chances.  Jacki told me I had to rent the sound system for $300.

                  Hey Sherry,

                  Jacki told me the same but it was $300 to rent for both the ceremony and the reception. Maybe things have changed.



                  #2849 jrack

                  jrack
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 235 posts

                    Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sherryro13 
                     


                    I was curious if you went with the dj or if you simply rented the sound system from El Patio?  I was quoted $300USD to rent the soundsystem for the evening or we could hire the dj for $220/hr.  I was thinking it would be possible to bring our Ipod ad dock and simply use the existing restaurant speakers etc without an additional cost.  Guess this isnt the case.

                     

                    Do you have any other tips you could give?  Did you have an MC or did things seem to flow seemlessly without?

                     

                    Thanks

                    Sherryro

                    I've got an MC working on his script right now, anyone have one that they used that they are willing to share? Also...did anyone give the officiant a script to read? Is that possible?



                    #2850 toniron

                    toniron
                    • Newbie
                    • 15 posts

                      Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

                      I just got back from DPA!  My wedding was perfect!  Jacki was unbelievable and she took care of everything. We were going to have our reception on the beach after I read some of the El Patio reviews.  Two weeks before the wedding Jacki told me that El Patio was available.  We decided to wait to make a final decision until after we arrived at the resort.  I am so glad we ate dinner the first night at El Patio , the place is beautiful.  We met with Jacki the next day and booked it.  We hired an outside vendor for our DJ and saved $$$$.  The light up dance floor plus the DJ was $1200 and was totally worth it.  The light up dance floor at the resort is $900 and the DJ is $220 plus 11% tax.   We hired Fine Art Studios and that was the best decision.  Their work is incredible and they were just fantastic to work with.  We have seen three teaser photos and can't wait to get the rest.  We selected the ultimate package and then opted for the buffet dinner.  Having the buffet allowed more people time to dance and have fun vs the plated dinner.  We had over 40 people at the wedding and wanted to have a good time and dance after dinner. We brought some decorations and Jacki had them set up.  She took care of everything and made it so easy.  El Patio was not too hot we opened the doors and windows and it was great.  I hope this is helpful, please let me know if anyone has questions. 

                       

                      Toni 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users