Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2281 m&d2011

m&d2011
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

DPA only requires the local photographer (if u hire someone outside their list - which I did) to stay in for tge night. All other vendors have to pay a $35 (I think) day fee. I just want to try to negotiate since I have like 10 outside vendors...anyone having the same problem?

#2282 m&d2011

m&d2011
    • 379 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

Also...I just booked our flight thru jet blue (more expensive than I expected btw) & they said I can't hang my dress since they don't have a closet. I will have to put my dress in carry on compartment.... Freaking out here.... Any ideas ladies?

#2283 tracyl5

tracyl5
      • 38 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Yeahh!! We are confirmed for May 16th 2011. Now we just need to firm up our travel plans. Still waiting to hear back form travel agent. How did most of you book?  We are probably only going to have 5-7 rooms Is it worth reserving a block of rooms for guest? What if our guest want to book through expedia etc. Do we get charged? I want my guest to feel like they can book whatever is the cheapest for them....

#2284 Lemuren

Lemuren
        • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:44 AM

Hi!

My name is Denise, my fiancé and I are both from Sweden, and we're getting married at Dreams Puerto Aventuras on june 3rd 2011. 

I have a few questions to those who have already gotten married there or been to the resort:

* Have anyone had their reception at the pool terrace? Is it pretty? Do you have any pics?

* How windy is it at the beach in june?

* How's the beach? I've read at trip Advisor that it's pretty small and rocky which concernes me. Any reivews on the beach?

* I've been to Dreams Puerto Vallarta which was beautiful, does anyone know if the two resorts are about the same size?

Thanks!

#2285 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
          • 631 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by AsiaJane 

Hey Ladies,

Do you have your wedding dresses yet?  I'm going dress shopping this weekend and I'm thinking about getting a short wedding dress since everyone tells me June is hot.  What are your thoughts?! I mean our wedding is at 5pm so I wouldn't think it would be that hot?!

I bought my dress waaaay to long ago, haha, October 2009. Luckily, I do still fit in it!! LOL.

If you don't go short, you should absolutely do a breathable lightweight material. I have been to this area of Mexico in June and it was HOT. I live in Louisiana very near the Gulf of Mexico, so I'm pretty used to heat.  The humidity is the part that will get to you mixed with the heat.  It will still be pretty toasty around 5... so I would shop with that in mind.

Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
            At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
            25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#2286 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
            • 631 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lemuren 

Hi!

My name is Denise, my fianc© and I are both from Sweden, and we're getting married at Dreams Puerto Aventuras on june 3rd 2011. 

I have a few questions to those who have already gotten married there or been to the resort:

* Have anyone had their reception at the pool terrace? Is it pretty? Do you have any pics?

* How windy is it at the beach in june?

* How's the beach? I've read at trip Advisor that it's pretty small and rocky which concernes me. Any reivews on the beach?

* I've been to Dreams Puerto Vallarta which was beautiful, does anyone know if the two resorts are about the same size?

Thanks!

I have not stayed at this resort, but I have stayed at Catalonia right next door that shares a beach. This is by no means a mega resort as far as size goes. Not sure what the size is at Dreams PV. The beach is not large, if you want long romantic strolls it will not be what you thought. However, it is great for snorkeling right off the resort for free. It is "rocky" because there is a reef in the small bay of beach at this location, but I got around fine on the beach without any shoes. The main appeal to me is the snorkeling on a pretty nice beach with a fun marina and shops in walking distance.

This is a picture of the beach from June 2009 at the neighboring resort. The building you see in the picture is actually Dreams.

Closer pic of water... I don't find it to be a problem.

#2287 Lemuren

Lemuren
              • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

That looks great! Thanks for the picture : )

#2288 AsiaJane

AsiaJane
                • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tifuhhknee 

I bought my dress waaaay to long ago, haha, October 2009. Luckily, I do still fit in it!! LOL.

If you don't go short, you should absolutely do a breathable lightweight material. I have been to this area of Mexico in June and it was HOT. I live in Louisiana very near the Gulf of Mexico, so I'm pretty used to heat.  The humidity is the part that will get to you mixed with the heat.  It will still be pretty toasty around 5... so I would shop with that in mind.

Thank you for the advice!!! I found a dress an it is beautiful it's a Mia solano dress. It is long but very light weight! Our wedding is at 5 so I hope it's not too hot. It is always humid where we live so I am used to that. I wish I could wear this dress everyday :)
                  June 11, 2011 ~ Dreams Puerto Aventuras
                  26 guest booked + Bride & Groom

#2289 tracyl5

tracyl5
                  • 38 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

Hi Tiffany,

I was wondering what package you are going with you have about the same # of guest as I do.  I hate to get the ultimate for 20 people if I only have 10-14 people. Thanks for your help

Tracy

#2290 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
                    • 631 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by tracyl5 

Hi Tiffany,

I was wondering what package you are going with you have about the same # of guest as I do.  I hate to get the ultimate for 20 people if I only have 10-14 people. Thanks for your help

Tracy

I am just doing the basic one and it will be free because we have at least 5 rooms. Our reception is at home once we come back, so we may all get the pool or have dinner together... there aren't too many of us so I'm not thinking we should pay to rent out a whole restaurant. The ocean is all I need. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users