• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

i tried an instead cup once & it leaked. I still have one left. i think they came as a 3 pack & I gave one away. I don't remember feeling it.

#12 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
    • 266 posts

I've been a Diva girl for about two years now and LOVE it!

Now, I'll admit that I went through a time when it drove me bonkers because for the first few months I used it I had no problems. Then, suddenly, I couldn't get it in properly. I ended up switching to the other size and it totally solved my problem.

As far as feeling it goes...I find that when I first put it in I can feel the stem, but once it's been in for 10-20 minutes it slides up just a bit and don't feel it anymore. Also, if I put it in before I've actually started my period, or at the very end when things aren't as moist down there, I feel it more too.

Would you consider cutting the stem off? Personally, I grab the sucker by the bottom of the cup anyway (there's NO WAY tugging on that little stem would unleash the suction for me). At least I'm guessing its the stem that's causing you problems. Just a thought. Good luck! I LOVE not having to change tampons throughout the day!!!

#13 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Quote:
        Originally Posted by carly
        Hmmmm, it's pretty small. Less then 2"? I am really bad at guessing sizes, but I can measure it when I get home tonight. It is weird, but what the hell, penises go in there, so this teeny cup shouldn't be too bad!
        Wait- penises are bigger than 2"? LOL

I'm going to have to check out this website. The idea kinda creeps me out- not that tampons and pads aren't gross. Just trying to think outside the box I guess. (wow...nice unintentional pun there.)
        Happily married since 2008

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Oscar_Ernie
          I've been a Diva girl for about two years now and LOVE it!

Now, I'll admit that I went through a time when it drove me bonkers because for the first few months I used it I had no problems. Then, suddenly, I couldn't get it in properly. I ended up switching to the other size and it totally solved my problem.

As far as feeling it goes...I find that when I first put it in I can feel the stem, but once it's been in for 10-20 minutes it slides up just a bit and don't feel it anymore. Also, if I put it in before I've actually started my period, or at the very end when things aren't as moist down there, I feel it more too.

Would you consider cutting the stem off? Personally, I grab the sucker by the bottom of the cup anyway (there's NO WAY tugging on that little stem would unleash the suction for me). At least I'm guessing its the stem that's causing you problems. Just a thought. Good luck! I LOVE not having to change tampons throughout the day!!!
          how much are they? i'd consider trying again. i hate how much waste pads & tampons generate. mind if I PM you a personal question about how it works? too embarassed to post it

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
            Wait- penises are bigger than 2"? LOL

I'm going to have to check out this website. The idea kinda creeps me out- not that tampons and pads aren't gross. Just trying to think outside the box I guess. (wow...nice unintentional pun there.)
            2 inches wide. i think it's between 1-2 inches

edit: i think you were making a joke. oops.

#16 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              2 inches wide. i think it's between 1-2 inches

edit: i think you were making a joke. oops.
              LOL- I was Morgan. I should have stated that- I'm sure Steve would have appreciated it. LOL
              Happily married since 2008

#17 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

Now that I think of it isn't it kind of dangerous to reuse them for risk of infection? The instead website says that you shouldn't resue them b/c you risk infections, but the diva cup says you can. Hmmm...

Also, I may be slow but once you pull this cup out won't everything come leaking out? Eeew sorry to be gross but I don't get it.

#18 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
                • 456 posts

Wow-I've never heard of the Diva cup before! It sounds scary-I think I will just stick to my tampons! :) Luckily, I don't get my period for very long...
                  D & K
                  October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#19 syl1115

syl1115
                  • 789 posts

OMG! I am LMAO. You guys are so funny. Thanks for making my day. I am so close to menapause that mine are so very light and only last for 3 days. Do they have one for hot flashes?
                    Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#20 monicaswave

monicaswave
                    • 450 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

ok so I did some research and found out what it is. It does sound different. I don't know if this is a product for me.

Do you have to clean it and reuse it? I don't really care to see what comes out during those days and much less would want to clean what's holding it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users