Photo

Is it worth hiring entertainment at Riu?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 msasfraz

msasfraz
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

I wondering if it would be overkill and even necessary to hire the entertainment for $300 bucks at Riu if the same form of entertainment is featured at the Beach party[flame throwers and dancers]

Past brides who were able to see the beach party, do you think the entertainment would be worth it the very next night for 15 mins for $300?

really torn, but want to make sure guests are entertained and have a memorable experience... need help...

#2 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Now this is coming from a bride who was on a shoestring budget, but IMHO it doesn't seem worth it since they will see the same performance at the beach party. I think hiring the steel band to play for an hour at your reception would be more worth the $$$$.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#3 blurt

blurt
      • 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:34 AM

Hi, I'm getting married at the Riu, I didn't know you could hire entertainment. We are hiring a steal band to play, but we weren't really sure what to do later on. Is there different enteraiment to chose from ?

#4 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
        • 215 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:26 AM

I wouldn't spend the money. Lots of my guests were ready to call it a night after dinner (including me!) and the folks that wanted to stay up congregated around the show area for some drinks. I agree with the previous posters that hiring the steel drum band for an hour would be a better use of $350! We loved the steel drum band!

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by msasfraz
            I wondering if it would be overkill and even necessary to hire the entertainment for $300 bucks at Riu if the same form of entertainment is featured at the Beach party[flame throwers and dancers]

Past brides who were able to see the beach party, do you think the entertainment would be worth it the very next night for 15 mins for $300?

really torn, but want to make sure guests are entertained and have a memorable experience... need help...
            I agree with Courtney. Why pay for them to see the same thing twice?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by blurt
            Hi, I'm getting married at the Riu, I didn't know you could hire entertainment. We are hiring a steal band to play, but we weren't really sure what to do later on. Is there different enteraiment to chose from ?
            You can also hire flame throwers & dancers to perform at your reception. They also perform at the beach party. If you're interested just ask Chandlyn & she will give you the price.

#6 msasfraz

msasfraz
            • 392 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

i contacted the entertainment manager at Riu and he quoted $300... i think i will just hire the steel drum band for the cocktail hour...... we will do music on IPOD for reception....

Past brides what kind of tempo did the steel band play... uptempo or mellow moods.... not sure of what kinda tempo i would want during cocktails after ceremony b/c its more so for pics ......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users