Best Way to Announce Wedding to Those Not Attending

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Indigo

• 120 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Finally, after months of "number crunching" and calling local vendors, FI and I decided that a DW would be best. We will be married at the new RIU in Montego Bay on December 6th. Many of my current and former coworkers are aware that I will be getting married and while they will not be able to attend, they do want to know about my plans. One of my coworkers ask that I send him an invite eventhough he will not be invited because he wanted to buy something for us off of our registry.

So, my questions is, what type of announcement/invitation/STD can I send to those who just want to know about our plans and wish to buy us a gift?

#2 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

I wouldn't send anything but a wedding announcement after the wedding. If they aren't invited then I don't think you should send them an invite or STD.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

I agree. If you start sending out STD's and invites, some people are going to get the wrong idea and think they are invited. I would just go with the wedding announcement, and then if they want to buy you a gift, they can do so after you get back!
        My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#4 beachbride08

• VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

I would just send out an announcement to the people that weren't invited after your destination wedding. It could be a simple announcement which you cold mail out prior to your wedding, or you can put one together with a picture from your dw. If you set up a wedding website you can list the places you are registered at on the website, but I wouldn't include it on the invitation or announcement. I wouldn't give anyone an invitation that wasn't invited unless you just bring one into work to show your co-workers what it looks like.

#5 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

I agree - just send the announcement.

We started going through the list that FMIL sent us and realized FI didn't even recognize about 10 of the couples on there so we OKed it with her and are just going to send them announcements after the wedding.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 Indigo

• 120 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Thank you ladies for your help. I will send announcements when we return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users