Photo

Shower invites from hell

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 jessyg20

jessyg20
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:11 AM

Can you tell her your bridal party already made some and sent some out... And you appreciate her efforts but you don't want 2 different kinds of invites going out?

I would hate to lie, but I agree, I think people might think you either created them or ok'd them. That's a sad reflection on you if they really are horrendous! Besides I'm not big on hurting peoples feelings so, a little lie to avoid a big war won't kill anyone.
    Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
    http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
    Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#32 Emily&Matt

Emily&Matt
    • 144 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

I would just forget about it. There are so many other things to be stressed out over. Just chalk it up to experience...and get a sample of anything you ever let anyone make for you in the future.

#33 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

I was really hoping to see pics of these invites. I just can't imagine them being that horrible. I'm dying to see what they look like.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#34 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
        • 456 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

I like jessyg20's idea...
          Lying isn't fun, but looking at crappy shower invites for YOUR big day isn't fun either!
          D & K
          October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#35 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

Danielle, that's the same thing I was quickly reading thru this post for. I need to see pics!

#36 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Pictures, Pictures!!!!!!!!!!! We're dying here!

#37 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

Sonia - where are the pics of the invites??!!!!

#38 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

I jsut read through this whole thread hoping to see a pic of the invites.

I'm along the lines of "suck it up" though. Most people have nothing to do with anything with their shower. I gave my mom and sister and list with addresses and that was the extent of my help. I have NO idea what they sent out.

Maybe, if anything...pass them along to a brides maid to address them and send them out...and if something "happens" to them, it's out of your hands
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#39 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
                  • 235 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

I don't think shower invites reflect anything upon you. A shower is something that people do as a gift for the bride, it's not something you do for yourself. I'm sure no one will get the invite and say you have horrible taste - they'll just think that who ever is throwing your shower has different tastes then you.

Personally, I don't think the bride should have any say in her shower as it's something that is being thrown FOR her, not BY her.

So I would just suck it up and send out the invites. During the shower though I would also be sure to point out that so-and-so made them.

#40 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:51 PM

I'm like Dez I have no say in my shower, i just handed my sister the guestlist and that's it. Honestly I don't think anyone will even remember what the invite looks like. I usually look at shower invites and write down the info in my calendar and keep the registry card, then trash the invite.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users