Hi,

I am recently engaged and am also planning a DW. We are going to PDC to look tomorrow and hopefully determine a date and place. In the meantime, I am working on my STD's and I am not sure how to address them for single guests who are allowed to bring a guest? Is it similar to an invitation? Any advice is appreciated!

I did & guest for anyone that didn't have a SO, I didn't want anyone to feel like they had to come to mexico by themselves for a vacation, I didn't really care even if they wanted to bring a friend.

I did not do that on the STD's but I agree with Jilly, you wouldn't want people to think they had to travel alone.

Is it necessary to state how many will be invited on the STD? I was just going to state when and where. And, is the STD more for the just the wedding or the entire 'vacation'? Lol - why is this so difficult for me?!

well you are officially asking people to save your wedding date so they don't make plans, but with a DW most people are hoping that their guests will start planning the trip. I know Leigh sent hers out when she found out there was going to be a special sale on her resort so her guests had a chance to book early.

With a STD you are not giving a whole lot of specifics other than the date.

As far as who is invited, you would actually only put that on the envelope.

Right, but you don't have to indicate "and guest" on the STD yet, do you? On the STD you'd just have to state the basics, and clarify when the invites go out.... no?

I did not indicate guest, I will only do that for the official invite, but people can always call you if they are wondering I guess.

I did specify "and guest" on the STD since the point is for people to plan their travel - they'd want to know if they can plan for a guest as well. just me though!