Sign in to follow this  
FLgator

Help me choose a BM dress!

SO I only have two BM's, my 12yr old sister and 26 yr old best friend. I really wanted to buy off the rack and not get an expensive dress that needs alterations that they will never wear again. I also need to find a style that would work for them both (my sister has no chest). I picked up two styles at the Macys one day sale yesterday, and I would like to get some opinions. My sister is out of state so I need to pick one and send it. My friend likes both options. My colors will be deternined by which dresses I find. Here are the choices so far....what do you think? Sorry the pics aren't so good, I took them of myself (excuse the mess, it was laundry day).

First, here is my dress...

Click the image to open in full size.

Style #1 (a little darker wine/sangria color with bubble hem)

Style #2 (brighter magenta/pink)

I would use a bright lime/grassy green for my accent color with both (I think).

Hmm.. would #1 work better for your sis who doesn't have a chest yet? I like them both and if your BM does too, get the one your little sis would be more comfortable in :)

I agree with number one. I think it is more suitable for a 12 year old. And it is SUPER cute!

I think the bubble hem looks great on you. You should keep that to wear to your rehearsal dinner. Sorry to not make this easier.

I would consider the body shape of your BM that is 26. If she has hips at all do #2 for her. The bubble hem doesn't look good on women with hips. But with that said the bubble hem is also a very mature look and I am not sure a 12 year old could pull it off without looking like a balloon.

#2 is very conservative and pretty could be good for both.

Did you check out Nordstroms. They have a Maggy London line which is very affordable. Sale dresses are around $75 and full price $135-$165. YOu can get two different styles that fit both of their bodies, yet the same fabric.

I had a hard time chosing myself and I wish you luck. Again the bubble hem looks great on you.

I agree, I think you pull-off the bubble dress really well! I think the second dress would look great on your friend - it's a great cut. The bubble dress I think would look cute on your sister - I think it is appropriate for a 12 yr old! Good luck. By the way, I am using the same color for my bridesmaids!

Could your sis wear one and your friend wear the other? The first one would look great on a younger person, but I think the second one would look better for an older person. I guess i am no help...sorry! :)

Could your sis wear one and your friend wear the other? QUOTE]

That was my thought...have two different styles that fit their age and body type...

Thanks girls!

I think the pictures make the dresses look like they are closer in color than they actually are. I don't think I could get away with using both. I wish I could though!

Now I am not sure what do do!

can you take them shopping and let them try stuff on? That way you will have a better idea of what looks good.