Photo

Found dress dress! Will it still be available in a year?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hey all
    I think I have found the dress! (see below) It is by designer Alfred Angelo from his current collection called dream in color. My tentative wedding date is 2 years away, will I still be able to get this dress then?

Afraid to order it now as I have seen a few posts were girls have done this then ended up not liking the dress when their wedding got closer. How far ahead of time should I think about ordering it? Thoughts? Thanks, Carla

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

You can always call the bridal boutique every couple of months to just check. If its from a new line or season, I'm sure it will be available for at least a year or more...
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

I say wait - there's a pretty good chance you will change your mind. I've only been looking at dresses for 2 months and I've already changed my mind a bunch. Plus have you tried it on? I was in LOVE with one dress, and I tried it on and it looked like complete crap on me! I think it's better to try a bunch to find out what looks best on you before you order something...that's just my opinion though :)

#4 Bianca

Bianca
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

True... I found "THE dress" at least 3 or 4 times... they were all similar, but I kept on finding new ones I liked.
          19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
          http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#5 lucy106

lucy106
          • 2,880 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

If you try it on and absolutely love it then worry about it. But just because you like the picture does not mean you will like how it looks on you. If it just came out it will probably be around for awhile ( 9-12 months). Go try it on, if you love it ask them how long dresses stick around. Plus there may be other ones that are similar to it if that one has been discontinued when you are ready to buy it.

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

I agree that you can keep checking with the bridal salons as your wedding gets closer. Also you have sooo much time that curiosity will probably get the best of you and you'll end up loving other dresses too!

It is a cool dress tho - I like the design on the orange part :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 sally

sally
              • 302 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:42 AM

I say wait, it might not look the same on.
                The picture is stunning tho I can see why you love it!!
                I'm sure you will find the right dress for you.

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

I say if you love it really love it order it. I found my dress in April paid for it but wanted to loose some weight so they salon said I had until Aug it put in my order, when I went back in August they stopped making the dress. However, since you have a lot of time you could always have someone make it for you.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:14 AM

I'd wait. I think they've had that dress for a while now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users