Sign in to follow this  
Tracy

Are you sharing a room with FI night before the wedding?

I'm curious what everyone is doing the night before the wedding....tradition says you should not see your FI the day of the wedding and i think usually the bride/groom sleep separately that night. I like this idea...but being at a resort makes this a little more challenging.

Would enjoy hearing if others are doing this, and if so, logistically...how? Is your FI staying with someone else, or are you? Will you make plans to hang out in different parts of the hotel the day of the wedding, etc.

Thanks

Since I'm not big on tradition we will probably spend the night together and have breakfast together and then after that part ways.

We are doing a family photo session/engagement session the morning of the wedding, so we will probably have a big slumber party with our son and all have breakfast together to get ready for our photo session.

We didn't opt for the traditional route...we spent the night together and parted ways the next day around noon...

We are not going to share our room the night before the wedding. I think he will go sleep with his parents or something. I am not really sure where is going to sleep. LOL!

Well, I assumed that Fi and I would still share our room and part ways later the next day but he has just informed me otherwise. He feels that we should fall tradition/superstition (we both have divorced parents and he's not into taking any chances).

I then informed him that I would be fine with that, but that means I am getting our suite that night and he can find another location to bed down. wink.gif

We are staying in our room together, going to workout with friends and then breakfast and then will not see eachother until the ceremony.

we discussed it and felt like we have been living together for over 3.5 yrs and are used to sleeping together - we don't sleep as well apart and why get a messed up night's sleep the night before our wedding KWIM?

Yes! We are sharing a room and having wild and crazy sex the night before we say "I-do" Sorry I just had to put that out there LOL! But I'll be doing "girl stuff" the day of the wedding, and he'll be doing "guy stuff". Then, we're having most of our pictures done BEFORE the ceremony, so we can capture "the first time we see eachother" as bride and groom in pictures! It will be incredibly special! cheesy.gif

I've decided to kick mine out...not for tradition, but to bond with my girls! We're taking the honeymoon suite and doing a big slumber party. My girlfriends and family are spread out across the country so we need to catch up! My bridesmaids will get their gift that night which will be robes and we'll do a fun spa-night slumber party, maybe get some cots brought in so people have somewhere to sleep. FI can take one of the girl's empty room or crash in one of his guy's room. FI and I will probably get together for breakfast and then part ways.

Our resort provides a complimentary room for the groom the night before. I think we will opt out of it though. We aren't that big on superstition and we really want to spend that night together. We will probably order room service then part ways after breakfast. I think he said something about catching the sunrise together but we will see how much sleep we get!