Dreams Cancun - Hair and Makeup

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 crystalljackson

crystalljackson
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking around for about a week. This is a great resource and I wish I would have found it sooner.

I'm getting married at Dreams Cancun on 10/21/08. I've been trying to get in contact with Claudia for about a month regarding my hair and makeup appointment. From what I'd heard, I definitely wanted Christian to do my hair and make up for my wedding.

Unfortunately, tonight I finally got a response from Claudia and she says that Christian no longer works at Dreams.

Anyway, I'd like to find out what my fellow Dreams Cancun brides are planning to do for hair and makeup. I'd also love to hear some feedback from past Dreams Cancun brides in terms of who they've used and would recommend. I'd even be willing to go outside the resort for my hair and make up if anyone has any good recommendations.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from some of you!

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:31 PM

Welcome to the forum! I'm getting married there too but I will doing my own hair and make up.

#3 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

Christian was at a conference when I was there so he could nto do my hair.
        However I was very pleased with Juanita, if I remember her name correctly.

I didn't have a chance to do a trail, appt mixup, but I figured I had enough time that if I didn't like it, she could do it again a different way. I had already been through one of their books there and showed them something similar to what I wanted.

I wanted my hair down, since it was more 'me', but it is sooooooooo windy, you have to take that into account. She pulled back just enough so my veil would stay in place, and I still looked like me.

She also did my makeup. It was a professional grade, budgeproof makeup. Really, did not come off. I had it on for about 13 hours and the only thing I needed to reapply was my lipstick... because I used my own lipstick to begin with.

The other girl did two of my BMs hair and it looked great!

Remember they all do wedding hair all the time, so they are good at what they do. Take pictures with you to show them, and if you can, do a trail run.

#4 crystalljackson

crystalljackson
        • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

Great advice, Paula. You've definitely set my mind at ease!! :) Thanks a lot!

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

SO, I had an appt with Christian... guess that one isn't going to happen lol. Oh dear, the stress of it all.

#6 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hey Kat, me too!!! Glad they let us know! But like Paula said, they do it all the time so guess nothing to worry about. I am doing a trial hair do on Friday just to be sure my Saturday wedding day goes smoothly!!

#7 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
              • 466 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

Had an appointment with him myself!! LOL!! Guess plan "B"...whatever that plan is??

#8 Ana Cerda

Ana Cerda
                • 91 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

I called the Spa yesterday to make my appointment with Christian, but this other guy, Adrian, told me that Christian did not longer work there. So I made my appointment. I am not so worry because that is mostly what they do: hair and make up for brides and bridal parties.

#9 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                  • 466 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Ana Cerda
                    I called the Spa yesterday to make my appointment with Christian, but this other guy, Adrian, told me that Christian did not longer work there. So I made my appointment. I am not so worry because that is mostly what they do: hair and make up for brides and bridal parties.
                    This is true! The should have lots of practice before I get there next year!

#10 Kat81

Kat81
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

I'll let ya all know how it goes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users