Photo

ROR and IPOD

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 RORJamaica Bride 050809

RORJamaica Bride 050809
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

For those of you that used an IPOD for your ceremony and reception, did you bring your own speakers like Bose, or did you hook your IPOD into the speakers at the Riu?

We booked the Seagrape for after dinner, for dancing and partying on the beach. And I wasn't sure if it would be best to use their speakers and hook the IPOD in or just bring speakers, but I wasn't sure if they would be loud enough.

If you used speakers at the Riu does anyone know what they cost?

#2 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

I would suggest bring your BOSE b/c the boombox they have looks pretty old and probably doesn't have anywhere to connect an ipod.

We actually took our ipod and bose speakers to dinner on several nights.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#3 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
      • 584 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I have an Ipod and Dock I wanted to use for the ceremony music and after testing it out it appears as if will loud enough. As far as a ceremony, are you not wanting to hire the DJ? Bose speakers would work though

#4 RORJamaica Bride 050809

RORJamaica Bride 050809
        • 69 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

As far as the ceremony, I definitely want to you my ipod and speakers, but I wasn't sure about the reception at the Seagrape. If my speakers would be loud enough, I would not hire a DJ. We are having an AHR so we will do all the first dance stuff and bouquet toss then, so we really don't need anyone MCing. Our gang would be happying hanging out at the bar drinking and dancing on the beach to our own music. I just didn't know if anyone has used an ipod for the reception or if it is possible to hook the ipod up to big speakers, like the DJ would use.

#5 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
          • 382 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:22 AM

Yeah we took out BOSE Soundouck and I believe Chandlyn had the people at the ceremony hook their speakers up to that so it was extra loud... Then we took that Soundock every where we went like it was our theme music...lol

#6 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

Was it easy to go with the ipod?? Did they get all the songs in correct order?
              You did see a boom box so its possible we can make cd's for our ceremony?

#7 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,193 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chicklet
                You did see a boom box so its possible we can make cd's for our ceremony?
                Yes, there is a boom box that you can use to play cd's. We gave Chandlyn the cd's to play for our ceremony & it worked well. If you're using more than 1 cd, just make sure your cd's are in order & labeled.

#8 chicklet

chicklet
                • 718 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Thank you!!! that just made things a lot easier :)

#9 kater

kater
                  • 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

I think we're convinced it would be worth the investment to buy some speakers and bring them down and use the ipod versus shelling out for the dj. Here's the "probably stupid" question...about how much should we expect to shell out for a nice set of Bose speakers? Also, what did you do with the speakers when you weren't using them, did they fit in the room safe?

#10 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kater
                      I think we're convinced it would be worth the investment to buy some speakers and bring them down and use the ipod versus shelling out for the dj. Here's the "probably stupid" question...about how much should we expect to shell out for a nice set of Bose speakers? Also, what did you do with the speakers when you weren't using them, did they fit in the room safe?
                      You can get the Bose Soundock:
                      Bose® - SoundDock® Digital Music System for Apple® iPod™ - White - SOUNDDOCK

or, you can get the Altec Lansing InMotion:
                      Sweet iPod Speakers - Altec Lansing inMotion iM7 - At A Glance - Reviews by PC Magazine

I have the InMotion & love it. It was definitely a good investment & we use it allll the time. Not sure if you'd be able to fit this in the safe though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users