Photo

Parasols to Canada?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

I live in Toronto and was wondering if anyone had any luck finding these in Kensington market downtown?

#22 trobin01

trobin01
    • 203 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

I haven't started to look because it has been so cold lately, but I'm planning to try Chinatown too.

#23 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
      • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by trobin01
        I haven't started to look because it has been so cold lately, but I'm planning to try Chinatown too.
        Yeah hopefully they have a selection there otherwise I will have to order them and get dinged with the duty and shipping. I too am waiting until it warms up a little. I will post if I find anything.

#24 trobin01

trobin01
        • 203 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

Weddingfavours.ca has them if you can't find them in the city. A bit pricey maybe, but they are based in Canada so at least the shipping costs are under control and there is no duty.

#25 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
          • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

Quote:
            Weddingfavours.ca has them if you can't find them in the city. A bit pricey maybe, but they are based in Canada so at least the shipping costs are under control and there is no duty.
            Thanks I will check that out!

#26 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
            • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

weddingfavours.ca is a great site! I bought 4 parasols and 36 bamboo hand fans and my order was 97$ including shipping. Way cheaper than buying from the states. They also have paper lanterns but they don't come with a light kit.

#27 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
              • 417 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

WOW! Glad I found this thread. I just ordered 3 parasols from weddingfavours.ca. Cost $40 including shipping to Calgary. I called them because I leave on Jan 26, (2 weeks) and she assured me that with the cheapest shipping option it would get here in lots of time. Thanks for this thread.
                I did buy a parasol from Chinatown. It was great, but all they had was white or white with badly painted designs. I checked out about 10 different stores. I was looking for some colours. I think the one I got in chinatown was $15. So it was actually cheaper to order the ones in the colours I liked from the website!
                YAY! Thanks ladies!

#28 Sloan

Sloan
                • 1,279 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

Quote:
                  I got my parasols from weddingfavours.ca and they were great! The store is actually located in my stupid little town, around the corner from my house. Didn't even have to pay for shipping, just picked 'em up at the store!

#29 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
                  • 349 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Despite the super high shipping cost from Asian Ideas (i.e. like 40 something dollars for 12 parasols)--which came to around 120 dollars CAD, + $7 duty, I was quite impressed with them. I ordered them, and they came 2 or 3 days later!! The quality of the parasols are pretty good from what I can tell. Was still way cheaper than Pamela's parasols which I was also considering.

#30 riunegrilbride2010

riunegrilbride2010
                    • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

I ordered my 4 parasols and 36 hand fans on 01/11 ($93 canadian incl. shipping) and they arrived today. They are so GORGEOUS!! The hand fans are a little smaller than I thought they would be but so cute when I wrapped the ribbon around the handle!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users